By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

therealsuperman 0

You should get a hobby. and a pet. and some real friends.

you need new friends...at least on fb delete the jerks hope you're ok!

Delete the friend that made the comment and everyone that liked said comment. Then delete the status update. And then seek professional help, see your GP, and go to therapy. Then talk to a close friend or family member.

Then buy a train ticket to Texas. Then rent a black van of any kind and drive to the Mexican border. A man named Carlos wearing a white suit will be waiting for you. Give him a nod. He will then take you to a limo. He will tell you what to do from there.

This is one of the many joys of the internet. I'm not sure so many people would do that in real life, and I've heard so many stories along similar lines. However, if you really do want to talk to someone, try doing it in person, they'll be better able to judge your reactions and mood and are less likely to think you're joking. Or in private even if it is online. Though it is always a good idea to think about who to turn to, because some people just aren't good with sympathy and/or don't really know what to do at all. However, ignore the pricks who haven't thought through the possible consequences of their actions. And maybe consider deleting them from your Facebook.

SirEBC 7

Cinn speaks everlasting truth. *Bows down*

SirEBC 7

I think 36 may just have a misguided anger due to the fact that her stories have been rejected 52 times. ...but that's just a guess.

V90 - May I ask why you want to punch me?

woah shit 0 of 52posted??? fail!!! but I'm like 0 of 7 so I cant rly speak...

SirEBC 7

*Crosses fingers in hopes that it's because she has a misguided anger due to the fact that her stories have been rejected 52 times*

ok now I'm curious, wth are rules #1and 2???and who says mods always win? a good hacker could kick there ass pretty easy...

wowowow this post keeps getting removed wtf

WTF WTF WTF post are randomly disapairing!!! the ****??? there a mod messing with us or some shit???

ok wow sry.... I didn't mean to spam my stupid iPod was glitching...

UpsidedownKayak 9

Really chetchatter, STOP FREAKING OUT!

lol sry like I said I refreshed the page and my post had dissapaired... it was weird...

Whoa! Calm down. There is a comment bug, some comments will take a moment to reappear, some never do, just accept that it is the will of the FML comment board and that it may reappear at any given moment. We like to think of them as necessary sacrifices. The rules were supposed to be a bit of a joke, rules #1 & 2 are a reference, and the mods always win because they're the Gods of FML and will own you if need be, and can appear if you say their name often enough. (I wasn't taking hacking into consideration as I was thinking of it as a bit of light hearted fun.) Also, V90, thanks for answering my question. :P

haha nice I'm thinking the mods removed my freaking out... thx guys!

Cinn, it is a reference to Fight Club right? I don't quite remember... Oh. V90 was banned...

Yes it was. And so they are, but they did reply after my question and ignored it, which was what I meant.

imac2014 0

you are incredibly stupid for posting that on facebook. if you really are clinically depressed (which your probably not), get professional help and stop hoping these people give a rats ass about your life YDI

Sometimes I think that the people who say "just kill yourself," can't really be people. There is just something so fundamentally wrong with someone who would say that. Heartless and cold. Not much difference between their brain and an animal's. And that probably insults animals. Definitely not a friend - delete them! This world is a cold, hard place, sometimes - you will get through it. Talk with a professional. Then make some real friends. (The girl who wants to punch Cinn - needs to get a life, and apologize or she can join the lesser than animal crowd in my book. So shallow!)

so what? professional therapist arnt ppl tht just want money? they actually care?

it's not about caring to talk with a therapist. it's about having a safe place to unload your feelings and learning how to work through them. It helped me continue to take care of my other children after my 7 month old son died. That is why this thread makes me so angry. Life is precious. Therapy helps. The OP's 'friends' and many on here have NO SOUL!

tell me about, try telling anyone your depressed and instantly get a response like "go fck yourself" or "go kill yourself" which hurt, but like they care.. or know, ****, makes me wonder why I don't just listen to them, I think it's time to give a therapist q second chance... first time didn't go over so well :/