By PPP - 28/04/2015 15:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I overheard my mom giving my 6-year-old daughter the sex talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 651
You deserved it 3 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I was 5 it's pretty normal to have the "sex talk" as in, explaining where baby's come from

Everyone is different but I think that is way too young.

Comments

It sounds like you need to remind Grandma that you're the mother now, not her.

Hey look at it this way, at least you don't have to do it.

I think it's important in a family to be open about sex. Plus it's especially important for the little girl to know what good touch/bad touch is. Later you will have to explain more actual sex stuff to her OP. The schools don't teach about the pleasure and joy behind it. Generally the world would be a better place if everyone was open and positive about sex. Way to go OP's mom!

leogachi 15

It's up to the parents, and only the parents, to decide when, where, and how to have that discussion. OP's mother doesn't deserve praise for overstepping boundaries. If it were me, I wouldn't allow my mother to have unsupervised visits with my kids again until their teens.

I'm going to have to s argue on the "only the parents" school of thought. There are plenty of teens and even young adults suffering because they lacked knowledge that their parents didn't think they needed to have. I remember when I found out my 8 year old friends dad spanked her bare bottomed and took pictures of her and her sisters undressed. I was the one who had to explain to her that it was wrong and inappropriate. Children need at least enough knowledge to protect themselves even in the parents would rather they didn't. That's the world for you.

leogachi 15

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but in a situation like Op's, the grandmother was in the wrong.

chef4money 12

My friends mom gave me the sex talk at the same time that she gave it to my friend. My mom was way too embarrassed to do it. Up until my mom died she was always embarrassed to talk about sex. I'm the exact opposite and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I didn't learn about sex till 6th grade. Before that, we only knew about molesting. But a child's not going to understand the overall importance of it until they're going through puberty and can acknowledge such feelings as love and lust.

cosmicdancer84 7

You should be giving the sex talk, especially if she's a girl. I learned where babies came from when I was 4. Get off your ass, dad.

I heard they are gonna start teaching to preschoolers now