By PPP - 28/04/2015 15:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I overheard my mom giving my 6-year-old daughter the sex talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 651
You deserved it 3 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I was 5 it's pretty normal to have the "sex talk" as in, explaining where baby's come from

Everyone is different but I think that is way too young.

Comments

I'd hope you plan on having a stern talk with her. yes she's your mom, but you're a mommy now too, and you have your rights as a mom and what you choose for your child to learn

Nothing wrong with a little age-appropriate sex ed.

Before I was even 5 my mother gave me the sex talk. She was molested when she was younger and didn't want it happening to me. So she started with the rape concept and about touching areas and all of that. I grew up in an open house and was never afraid to ask my mom anything because she was open and honest on all the subjects. Because of this i also learned the value of my virginity, since you only have one, and that it should be given to someone you at least care greatly about. I waited until i met my husband before finally giving it up. I think it's good to talk about that at an early age seeing as I have two friends who grew up without parents who gave the talk. one got pregnant by age 15 and is now married to a man that has a son her age. the other has never had a date and is completely terrified of any subject even remotely near sex. both seem like bad roads in my opinion.

ptellini 7

6 years old? A little young there…

What sex talk??? I thought it was the stork from Dumbo that delivered the babies??? My life has been a lie!

Why is this bad? I started getting "the talk" around then, in an age appropriate way, and then got more blanks filled in as I got older.

on the bright side,you can totally avoid the birds and bees talk and the awkwardness since your mum has done that for you ;)

lunadaisy12 16

Though it may seem young, as she gets older she'll be the only to not laugh at immature jokes and terms. She'll be the only mature one to take it seriously.

OMGs, talk about boundary hopping. I hope you told your mom that as her parent, YOU are the one that is supposed to do that, and that it was inappropriate for her to give that talk without even consulting with you first. (And yes, I've had sex talks with my kids, as young as 4 - talk early, talk often)