By PPP - 28/04/2015 15:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I overheard my mom giving my 6-year-old daughter the sex talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 651
You deserved it 3 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I was 5 it's pretty normal to have the "sex talk" as in, explaining where baby's come from

Everyone is different but I think that is way too young.

Comments

usetheForceduh1 2

Regardless of whether she is old enough for that, your mother should probably leave that up to you.

I don't see a problem with that as long as it's age appropriate. But it should be the parents job to choose when and how it's told.

leogachi 15

The problem is that Grandma took it upon herself to decide that the girl was old enough and what to teach her when she should have, at the very least, asked the parents for their opinions.

wow. I don't think that's appreciate at that age... poor kid.

Good for her. She's old enough to learn about good touch/bad touch (consent) and where babies come from (anatomy). Why don't you want her to know that?

First of all that's not her place, second, bitch slap her ass and put her the **** out!

My 6 year old daughter knows about periods because it's a normal part of life. She knows about childbirth because I was alone with her and her cousins when my water broke and she deserves honesty. How to make a baby? That is not for a child that young to know or comprehend. I would lose my shit on my mother for that! At any age she needs to clear it with you before going ahead and having such delicate talks with your child. Fyl op...

MrZsDad 19

I truly hope you either slapped her, or chewed her a new one. That goes way too far.

My brother got the talk when he was 2 because of the movie titanic.

And why was a two-year-old watching a 12+ rated movie?

I was eight. It happens. Hell, I watched Alien when I was 5. Big whoop.

Children that age do need a simple version, but unless she asked you or you partner not her place to do it