By PPP - 28/04/2015 15:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I overheard my mom giving my 6-year-old daughter the sex talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 651
You deserved it 3 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I was 5 it's pretty normal to have the "sex talk" as in, explaining where baby's come from

Everyone is different but I think that is way too young.

Comments

That is completely you and the child's fathers decision on when and how to give the talk! I'm sorry your mother just barged in and made her own decisions about raising your daughter.

So, if the kid asked she was supposed to say what? "I have to talk to your mum first" good way to make it an awkward theme. The grandchild could have seen kittens, had a friend who got a baby brother/sister and she thought about it while playing with her grandmother. Why shouldn't she answer?

leogachi 15

"That's a good question, Honey. Let me see if your mom has an answer to it." How hard is that?

Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot. Not cool, your mum was not cool, man.

Why? If they want to know about their own body give them a brief talk, ignorance equals unsafe sex, not no sex. Besides she probably heard the word and wants to know what it is, I doubt she's about to jump on a dick..

Better early than late, my parents didn't bother to tell me until I was 12, and my reaction was pretty much 'well dang, that explains a lot'.

She's trying to work on her parenting... I guess it's not too late.

That's not bad, when I have kids I'm gonna teach them when they are really young.

RockstarJAy 16

I was given the talk when I was 7, and I haven't had sex yet. I'm 14.

I'm so so sorry... That's like hearing your boyfriend losing his virginity to your sister...