Dumbasses

By Anonymous - 16/08/2013 21:05 - United States - Nevada

Today, I gave my daughter the sex talk. Barely 10 minutes later, her public Facebook status read, "My mom's a total pedo," after which she mentioned the talk. Her friend posted, "That's sexual harassment. You can sue for that." Clearly I've failed as a parent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 498
You deserved it 6 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just leave some pamphlets about giving your child up for adoption lying around.

You have an immature and shallow daughter.

Comments

You obviously didn't give her the PG "The Birds and the Bees" talk.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
MattOnFML 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Actually it makes perfect sense ahaha....#52 was just giving examples to explain "sex". Sex Explanation & Ratings (#52 response deciphered): WWE (Sex is like wrestling): PG Rap (Several songs revolve around sex): PG13-17 Bananas (Used to physically demonstrate a phallus): R. I wouldn't consider this that "mature" but it does create several snickers.

@ #14--the only reason I didn't up vote your comment is because it already has 69 votes. You just can't mess with that fate, you know? XD

I had to dislike #14 to get it back to 69 :p

LordAres_fml 9

Lost it again somehow but I fixed it too

Maybe we have failed as a species...

Disagree. It sounds like young teens joking about and saying the kind of stuff teens say on Facebook, especially in response to help from a parent or teacher. That's just how they deal with it, save face and have some fun. I'm sure inside, whilst she probably also knew most of what you said, she learnt some stuff too and is grateful for your input. Or that's how I saw it anyway...

I agree with 70. Stop blaming "this generation". I can't stand people who believe all young people are idiots.

Maybe we shouldn't judge a huge group of people based on a couple dumbass teenagers.

sematariux 7

76, I'm 23 years old and I fear for this world with the younger generation coming into adult hood. This country and this world is absolutely ******.. (Not that our world leaders in the past have done any better) But still, we're doomed

76 - I'm a teenager. Trust me, most of my classmates/teammates in sports are complete morons.

Coeliacchic93 21

I'm about to turn 20, and I really do fear for future generations. Not all teens are complete idiots and douche bags. That being said most are...

Older people blame our generation for being stupid yet they're the ones who raised us

I'm 13 and I feel like I'm surrounded by idiot daily.

Invariably, throughout history, every generation thinks that the next is just a bunch of degenerate assholes who will fall miserably. Hell, it's even in the Bible.

Word, you haven't failed OP. Kids are just getting ridiculous today.

If That was my daughter, and she did that, I would close her delete her facebook, and take away her phone for the remainder of the summer. That is so unbelievably bimbo like, it's ridiculous. And the fact that she called you a pedo is grounds for punishment. so disrespectful.

I agree with #29 right here. What she did was extremely ridiculous, especially while saying things like this over the Internet

Just guessing here, but if you gave her the talk, I'm assuming she must be young, so why does she have fb?

Doubtful, kids get the sex talk younger and younger every year. My guess for OP's daughters age is 9-12. It's an awkward age and lots of kids in that age group don't understand how to use facebook and post some interesting things!

If she has a Facebook she most likely already knew what sex was. Unless she just uses it to talk to family members, there's so much stuff you can come across sex related on Facebook.

Maybe she should go all Facebook Parenting for the troubled teen and shoot her laptop.

Before or after using it to share embarassing baby pictures? ;)

devildee101 15

you could always shoot her computer with a pistol after reading the Facebook post the upload it to YouTube.

Grounding your kids doesn't solve anything. Teach her how things work. Talk to her about how you feel, OP. She might just understand.

68, love your profile pic. Uncle Vernon FTW

ironik69 31

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wow what a coincidence!!!! You failed as a FML commentator.

You have an immature and shallow daughter.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Balls of a sack hunt in a pack.

monkeyy100 15

guess she wasn't mentally mature for the talk

Unfortunately, she's too immature to have sex and will probably come home pregnant or w/ STD. I hope she just said that out of embarrassment and really did listen to her mom.

Unfortunately, theres people like me who will just never be mature enough for the sex talk. My final words will be 69 just for the last giggle.

NagainaFier 16

What....? No- the parents should be the one giving the talk; just because your parents were awkward doesn't mean they're all awkward. My mom was pretty cut and dry with me; 'this goes there, that comes out, nine months later there's a baby'. Obviously I got the reader's digest version (being like... 10? 11?), but still. Parents should damn well be talking with their kids about sex, and take some responsibility about the life THEY created, not getting pissy when their daughter is 16 and pregnant or their son is going to be owing child support because 'the doctor/teacher/community leaders/etc should of told little Susie about sex ed, not me!'

Did anyone else notice the incredible coincidence between #69's comment and his comment number?

Oh my god. Never in all my days have I seen such a perfect."coincidence". P.S I giggled when I saw that

Just leave some pamphlets about giving your child up for adoption lying around.

Or go on Facebook again about how her moms hates her.

She should leave those planned parenthood papers out with the list of all the STD's. Those can be pretty freaky and to many younger folks that don't realize how easy it is to contract them w/unprotected sex.

mansen 15

My best friend is a nurse. She plans on showing her kids the part of her textbooks with the pictures of stds as being part of her sex talk with them. Hopefully it will that will be effective in making them pay attention.

sematariux 7

I think it's time you took away her internet privileges OP. It's never too late for good parenting. If she has a cellphone, take that away too. Sounds like you're not the only one though, her friend is a bit of a brat too.

Seriously. This should be a F her life. "Today my mom took away my mobile and my Facebook because I'm a disrespectful little twat."

Do the world a favor and get her on the pill!

dreamsneverfall 8

That's never one hundred percent prevention. If her daughter is too immature to handle the sex talk, she's too immature for sex itself. The pill just encourages her that it's okay to have sex.

Better yet, get her the implants. She sounds too immature to remember to take a pill every day.

threer 30

Shut the hell up.. Just because she's disrespectful and felt embarrassed about 'the talk' doesn't mean that she wants to have sex.

kmm316 9

Ugh some people my age make me so angry with their extreme stupidity and immature behavior. Now you should take all her electronics away so she can call the cops saying you beat her.

Agreed. Those few kids make it embarrassing to be from this generation; they make us all look bad.

Jake_Hale 7

Agreed! Isn't it so annoying? Like I can't even deal.

DenBriZel 31

44- you're definitely not helping.

44- Since you're not helping the case here why not do something useful? Like get a needle and some thread Sow your mouth shut?

NagainaFier 16

You think your joking, #10; My mother, being a cop, got a call like that. (No, the kid was NOT abused. If anything, she was abusing the mother, which is absolute insanity) Let's just say even if the kid does call, the cops will be able to tell pretty quick that there's nothing going on. Why can't everyone just be polite and not run their mouths... I don't ask for much... Just a little maturity across the board.