By healey16 - 03/04/2009 18:13 - Canada

Today, I left the iron and ironing board in my room. While I was at school, my mom decided to do some ironing, and did it in my room for convenience. The iron needed water, so she took a water bottle from my dresser and poured it in. It was my secret vodka stash, and the iron caught on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 698
You deserved it 78 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

not so secret if it was sitting on your dresser now was it. fail.

Zerenade 0

Wow, what a waste of a tasty beverage.

Comments

Damn. Sucks to be you! No vodka = no fun :( I just can't believe it caught on fire! Somethin' tells me it wasn't the best kind of vodka (Russian vodka, of course.).

MizzHollywood 0

God the mother is stupid! Okay, she needs water. Where does she look? In the DRESSER! So she just randomly finds a bottle of water in a dresser. She doesn't think about how it might not be water. Why would somebody keep a bottle of water in a dresser. IT's not that bad a hiding place your mother is just weird... I need some water. Let me go look in my dresser for some...

oooh_dear 0

totally your fault for leaving your vodka out in the open like that. hide it better freak show.

I feel worse for you mom and have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

rrunner 0

impossible, 80 proof vodka is not flammable.

I wanna say that if she find a bottle of water INSIDE a dresser, hidden among clothes, she would be suspicious and not just assume it's water. So, if this is a "secret stash" of vodka, wtf is it doing in plain sight? If you are going to hide vodka, you might as well just keep it in the glass bottle in a GOOD hiding spot, when you take it elsewhere that's what the water bottle is for.

Physically impossible ************, alcohol needs open flames at 40% concentration to ignite. there's no way an iron would reach hot enough temperatures to ignite it. busted.

Your "secret" vodka stash is kept on your dresser?

Firstly, I laughed - which is why I come to this site. Second, YDI - leaving the iron and board in your room, *and* leaving unconsumed vodka around... Thirdly, to all the doubters: alcoholic liquids generally don't ingnite, true - but alcoholic vapour certainly does - which is exactly what a hot iron will do to any liquid - tun it into vapour. It's called a "steam iron" - there's a hint in the name. And as for spark - there is probably one generated every time the thermostat in the iron switches, which is about every 30 seconds on my iron. So, Mom having neither drunk nor sniffed the "water" has poured it into the iron. The iron as done what it was designed to do, and turned it into vapour. At this point, one would expect a fairly strong smell of vodka vapour to be detectable in the near vicinity of the iron. Perhaps Mom is unobservant; perhaps she noticed it but didn't pay much attention; perhaps Mom had a cold; perhaps the spell of vodka was covered by the smell of spray-on starch; - all possible. So now the thermostat in the iron switches, causing a spark...