By healey16 - 03/04/2009 18:13 - Canada

Today, I left the iron and ironing board in my room. While I was at school, my mom decided to do some ironing, and did it in my room for convenience. The iron needed water, so she took a water bottle from my dresser and poured it in. It was my secret vodka stash, and the iron caught on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 698
You deserved it 78 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

not so secret if it was sitting on your dresser now was it. fail.

Zerenade 0

Wow, what a waste of a tasty beverage.

Comments

a lot of teenagers like to put vodka in a water bottle, that's how the mom didn't know it was vodka. and i'm pretty sure she didn't open it and smell it. she thought it was water and didn't think twice before pouring it into the iron. and to #27, it's better if someone experiences drinking before college. if they have never experienced being wasted before college, they will screw up in college. but if they know what it's like, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

boreddoubletears 0

I like how you consider the only way to experience alcohol getting wasted...

babysexxplict 0

how can she not smell the vodka

Vodka doesn't have a smell!! If you don't believe me go smell some.

Clearly the mother's fault. even if it wasnt vodka, it might have not been clear water. there could be sugar or salt disssolved in it, which could damage the iron beyond repair too. Still big fail.

420hiadventurer 0

Your vodka stash is gone? Damn, your life is f***ed.

theshewolf 0

Your method of hiding it worked too well. That sucks.

Yeah, that's really weird that she didn't smell it. I mean, sure it wouldn't occur to her to grab it and purposely sniff, but vodka is strong stuff. Oh well, irons aren't too expensive at least. Now, if you're in major trouble for having vodka, that's another story. Depends on how old you are really.

That's why you buy a bottle of flavored water Colorless so it still looks like water, but no one uses it for ironing The only way you'll be found out is if someone is in your room for whatever reason and gets thirsty and grabs that 'water' That's where I keep my vodka

A "secret" stash of Vodka on your dresser? Not much of a secret. :P

cireo 0

Secret. SECRET! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, its not so secret when its right infront of some ones face.

i am continually amazed at how stupid the commenters on this site are... leaving it in the water bottle wasn't a bad hiding spot... obviously the mom didn't know it was vodka, right? Do you smell your water? really? i mean, i get it that vodka is strong, but she wasn't going to drink it so it never went ANYWHERE near her face... i don't see why this is surprising.... to #27 and #32: #32 is right and hopefully our country's drinking age will be lowered one day, but that doesn't change the fact that having a "hidden stash" of vodka makes you look like an alcoholic... you shouldn't be drinking unless you can be mature about it... and if you need to hide it, then you aren't being mature... Hopefully your parents are open minded enough to let you have an occasional beer/glass of wine, but if not then just drink outside the house... don't be stupid and have a "stash"