By healey16 - 03/04/2009 18:13 - Canada

Today, I left the iron and ironing board in my room. While I was at school, my mom decided to do some ironing, and did it in my room for convenience. The iron needed water, so she took a water bottle from my dresser and poured it in. It was my secret vodka stash, and the iron caught on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 698
You deserved it 78 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

not so secret if it was sitting on your dresser now was it. fail.

Zerenade 0

Wow, what a waste of a tasty beverage.

Comments

deja54 0

And people will continue to scroll all the way to the bottom and make the same, tired, refuted "omg dresser isn't a hiding spot!", "alcohol won't burn!" (yes, it will; irons get very hot, it may not ignite under a spark, but a hot iron may reach its ignition point), etc... Props to #77 for the patience to type out all that. I thought most of those things, but don't have the patience. If I hadn't figured out what I could handle in high-school I would've been a disaster in college.

Corn_Is_Tasty 0

I'm not saying it's your mom's fault for finding a "hidden" bottle of water and not noticing that it smells like vodka. You see I'm saying it's your fault not because you're hiding spot sucks, but because why do you have Vodka lying around your room? Shouldn't you have drank it by then?

that's a problem, having straight vodka in your dresser... sounds like you drink alone. yes, FYL.

Corn_Is_Tasty 0

Oh and to #82, that's not necessarily true. He might not have learned about that by spending his day researching, I mean I already knew that from one of my classes. Don't be so critical this is supposed to be a website that you read and get some laughs out of it to make your day seem a little better, not a website meant to piss people off.

while boiling point for alcohol is lower than water, in an iron water flashes into steam upon contacting the hot plate. Until it contacts the plate, the mixture is homogeneous. When it hits the hot plate, both alcohol and water flash into vapours and still create a homogeneous vapour of 6:4 water:alcohol. As for iron being too hot to ignite it... ignition point of ethanol is 365 degrees C. So unless that iron runs at 365 degrees C, i highly doubt anything actually happened. IF that iron runs that hot then he's got other problems to worry about... such as holes in all of his shit.

A dresser does NOT qualify as a "top secret stash"

who the hell puts bottled water in the iron?

LOL @ the fact that the OP never said she was in high school (probably is, but that's not the point). I definitely think better hiding spots need to be found for vodka. The dresser=Total Fail.

"I should do some ironing. Oh... it seems to need some more water. I think I should get a bottle of water from the dresser, because it makes more sense than you know, running water from the sink."