Who does this?

By Wanda - 11/05/2021 01:59

Today, my demented mother-in-law had my dog euthanized while I was on vacation, because he was, "too feral and disorderly." Why? Because he, "peed on the grass." I had that dog for 9 years. Why couldn’t my husband put her in a nursing home instead? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 517
You deserved it 99

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There may be legal action to be taken. Because I vet isn't supposed to euthanize a pet without the true owners express written consent. So she had to lie about who the dog belonged to which is very illegal.

Listen, I know that they say violence isn’t the answer.....but I would deck that woman so hard in the face, she wouldn’t even know it was coming. Then I throw her ass out of my house and never talk to her again. What a horrible, horrible person. I’m so sorry this is your MIL.

Comments

Yeah, that would be end of the road for any contact with my mother in law.

Listen, I know that they say violence isn’t the answer.....but I would deck that woman so hard in the face, she wouldn’t even know it was coming. Then I throw her ass out of my house and never talk to her again. What a horrible, horrible person. I’m so sorry this is your MIL.

Jessika Jensen 7

My grandma had my dog euthanized when I was a senior in high school. She was just old. I'm sorry this happened to you. What a c***.

Ambrily 27

There may be legal action to be taken. Because I vet isn't supposed to euthanize a pet without the true owners express written consent. So she had to lie about who the dog belonged to which is very illegal.

bleachedraven 14

That is terrible. Get rid of her like she did your dog.

yeah it's time for her to go, and if your husband fights you on it he can go with her. that would be my Hill to die on

Sady_Ct 37

Where else is the dog supposed to pee?

Marcella1016 31

I don’t understand...anyone can just take a dog to the vet and say, “Hey I need this put down”?? No checks of ownership or illness or anything like that? If I was an asshole and had an enemy I could just kidnap their dog, take it to the vet, and have it killed?? Really, can someone explain for me? Are vets really allowed to just do this? Because that’s incredibly ****** up. Really sorry for your loss, OP. That’s terrible. I’m sorry.

This can't be true! It's too terrible Plus The vet wouldn't do that without reasonable cause or signed by the owner. I hate to say it but why would you leave your dog with someone that you think should be in a senior home

Yummi_913 18

Vets dont need reasonable cause. You just ask them to do it and they do. It's how the piece of shit family I knew of got a new Christmas puppy every year and have it put down right after Thanksgiving, went on vacation, and then again viola! A brand new Christmas puppy yet again. They raised their kids to think that's the normal way to have pets too. Sick and disgusting.

Well, vets don't HAVE to do it just because you asked. They actually SHOULD ethically say "no" to such demands. I can't speak for the US laws, but where I live (and work as a vet) euthanizing a healthy animal is even actually against the law.

What the actual ****. That is one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever read.

Never liked "in-laws". They cause the most family issues.