By Pox - 04/02/2011 03:19 - United States

Today, I got chickenpox. I'm 28 and having chickenpox as an adult is excruciatingly painful. When I told my boss I wasn't going to be at work today because of chickenpox he replied, "That's the worst excuse I've ever heard. Adults don't get chickenpox." He then fired me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 503
You deserved it 2 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should have taken a picture and sent it to him or something.

Comments

Sue the ignorant douche for wrongful termination

krazy_glu3 0

why didn't your parents make you go play with kids who had chicken pox when you were young?!?! shoot me, my sister and cousin all had it at the same time. I remember us all meeting up so we could 'catch it' and get it over with at once. I barely remember it. shouldve gotten em when you were younger!!!!!!!

Chicken pox can be life-threatening, and the old time trend of deliberately exposing your child to it is now considered endangering your child. When I grew up in the 70s my mom didn't know better and sent us to play with every child on the block who had chicken pox, and none of us three kids ever got it. I later got it as an adult (before the vaccine).

just go to ur work and cough the **** out on everyone!!!

sweetonsno 1

I am with the people who say a hug is in order.

learnburn 0

I'd sue his ass for wrongful termination on account of the fact u had a contagious disease.

Lol I almost got fired for getting hurt on the job.. first thing I said was, "Do you want a lawsuit?" lol got workman's comp for 6 weeks ad kept my job.. Now I'm one of the best employes they have and won't fire me.. lol i'v tried.

46 thats cool and all, but what does that have to do with anything?

SUE his ass!! but! do get pictures of yourself and a doctors note stating that you have chickenpox.

I'm 16 and have never had the chicken pox. Literally all of my siblings (actually my entire family!) have had it but me (I was'nt born when thy got it)

Next check-up, see about getting the vaccination.

ramboman19 8

March your ass down to the office and show him yourself. He'll feel like a total dumbass.