By KornyKid - 21/02/2016 08:01 - United States - Citrus Heights

Today, I got a new cat for my birthday. It ate my bird right when we got home, then it ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 749
You deserved it 4 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wasn't your bird in a cage of some sort? Haven't you heard of gentle acclimating a pet to a new environment? Seems like you fault

Comments

did the person who gave you the cat have it chipped or is the cat just gone.

That is just incredibly unfortunate OP. it's always nice to get a new pet, but you could not have known the cat would go for your bird. Sorry about that.

ViviMage 38

Cat can't get to a bird if it was properly housed in a cage. Also, most cats hide in the walls or under furniture, not out the front door! Thankfully they don't venture far. Fyl and fybirdslife.

Your cat seems like a little kid gives the bird then runs away

Oh jeez... Yay for typical sylvester and tweety situation

Typical. Would've been funny if he was named Sylvester and the bird was a canary named Tweety.

Yeah I've got to say that this is 100% your fault. As a responsible owner, you're supposed to supervise pet introductions and keep them separate any time humans are not going to be around. As in doors separating them, not just a cage. The fact that it also was able to immediately run away is a testimony to your responsibility and how much you pay attention to animals. Please don't "adopt" anymore animals. They're better off without you.

Obviously you didn't read OP's comment. She didn't try to introduce the two, her brother let the bird out not knowing about the cat. She hasn't mentioned as far as I've read how the cat got out.

LalapaloozaChick 14

sadly, i couldn't help but laugh. it reminds me of my kitty.