By Sleepy - 04/07/2009 15:24 - United States

Today, I fell asleep while lifeguarding, thinking I could get away with it due to my sunglasses. When I woke up, I saw my boss waving at me. Apparently she'd been trying to get my attention for five minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 566
You deserved it 69 972

Same thing different taste

Comments

Here's hoping the OP gets hit by a car. Ambulance would come to help you, but, you know, they need their beauty sleep too. YDI, and much worse

YDI i mean what the ****?! i hope they ripped up your qualification and told you to **** off, you have a huge responsibility as a lifeguard and you cant just sleep, tbh i hope you drown one day because the lifeguard is sleeping.

This is why we had VATs at our park when I guarded. Every once in a while, supervisors would throw in a shadow doll (that can be hard to see if you're not attentive or walking your water) or a dummy and you had x amount of time to see it and make the "rescue." If you failed, you got suspended and had to do extra training or you could lose your job. I hope you got fired though, between your being a total douchebag, the patrons, and the nap being a massive liability to the pool, you deserve it.

The waterpark I lifeguard for does this as well, once every hour of every day. And you don't even get suspended, at the end of your shift they tell you not to come back, because they can replace you, easily, and can't afford any accidents.

CyclonePsycho 1

You aren't being paid to sleep.

To the dumbass that did this I have one question for you: Would you like a side of EPIC with your FAIL?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously???? And to #58, things happen so often. This one time we had 15 DNSes in 2 hours (there were two school rentals booked at the same time, not guards being irresponsible)... Honestly, that's disturbing!

What the hell does paranoia have to do with it?

whensdinner 0

i was a lifeguard for quite awhile and while it is hard to stay awake sometimes GET UP AND WALK AROUND YOU DUMBSHIT. this is pathetic and i do hope that you got fired or at least resigned with the realization that this profession is not for you. YDI.

meddude 0

well you ******* asshole you better get fired. you are there to help people, even possibly save someone's LIFE!!!! i hope someone never lets you live this down you ******* piece of shit, because you truly deserve it.

TheLizardKing 0

Fall asleep while lifeguarding? Lol, one of the worst ideas

LayAcharya 0

Wow for all you folks who are trying to actually defend this sorry excuse for a "lifeguard" by pointing out a parent's responsibility in also watching their child while they swim, let me enlighten you with a little bit of information that people who are not foolishly indignant can scrounge up with their functioning brains. Point-en-blanc: if parent's or any non-minors were capable of performing the same duties as a certified lifeguard then we are wasting millions of dollars training and employing these people in water safety. I mean, heck yea we should all be required to know how to swim, what to do in emergency situations, and how to perform CPR. So what now geniuses of the world?