By Sleepy - 04/07/2009 15:24 - United States

Today, I fell asleep while lifeguarding, thinking I could get away with it due to my sunglasses. When I woke up, I saw my boss waving at me. Apparently she'd been trying to get my attention for five minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 566
You deserved it 69 972

Same thing different taste

Comments

redyellowgreen 0

Are you freakin kidding me?! People like you give a bad name to all lifeguards. I've been on stand so many times, dead tired but fought it and did my JOB because I actually want to help PROTECT LIVES, asshole. The fact that you thought you could get away with it is sick. That's basically planning to let someone die. I hope you got fired right then and all your certs taken away!

haha i actually find this completely hilarious, cause ive definitely done this while guarding. minus the whole boss part. im pretty sure this is the real reason for having more than one guard on duty. lol.

the_happy_octopu 0

WHY THE F**K CAN I NOT GET A JOB AS A LIFEGUARD WHEN THIS IS MY COMPETITION?

I was a lifeguard for five years, and we both know that five seconds is enough for a patron to die, let alone five minutes. If I was your manager, I'd can you. That being said, I've fallen asleep in the office when I was a guard.

Why do people insist on putting up things about how they were messing up at work and got in trouble for it. You sleeping on the job isn't FML and shouldn't even get posted. Its just you being an epic failure at your job. Wanna fall asleep on the job? Get one where you don't put people's lives in danger.

135: If it were any other job I'd agree with you, but the only reason OP is even employed and has a job to begin with is so that he can have a speedy reaction to emergencies, in which five seconds could literally mean the difference between life or death. If he were working in an office or cooking food somewhere, then yeah, I'd probably agree with you, because it iss stupid and irresponsible but it wouldn't be my place to judge. But when he actively increases the risk in a dangerous environment by limiting the full capabilities of his own judgment and reaction time - in scenarios in which it is likely that his own judgment and reaction could save a life - he doesn't deserve that job. Especially with people like no. 130 who could probably do it better, and wants to do it better.

YDI, you idiot, what if a child had drowned while you took your nap? Would it have been worth it? Moron.

oarisimo 4

I hope you got fired! what if somebody had started drowning??? dumbass!