By Sleepy - 04/07/2009 15:24 - United States

Today, I fell asleep while lifeguarding, thinking I could get away with it due to my sunglasses. When I woke up, I saw my boss waving at me. Apparently she'd been trying to get my attention for five minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 566
You deserved it 69 972

Same thing different taste

Comments

I've kind of wanted to make an account for a while now, but no FML has been quite enough to motivate me. Congratulations, though. You're just enough of a royal asshole to make me sign up. Stop lifeguarding. You're too selfish a prick for the job. YDI.

lilstephs1 0
tephiee 0

you should be fired. as a lifeguard, I am appalled that you would even consider this. I hope your boss realized what was going on and that you were kicked out right then and there.

nwoodh 0

If my kid had been in that pool and I saw that happen, I would have gone ballistic on you. Not only do you not deserve your job, you dont even deserve to be alive. Go drown yourself.

WHAT THE **** WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!! Having been a lifeguard for over 8 years and a manager of two different pools i would have fired you on the spot. You have no business being a lifeguard and your certifications should be removed immediately. You are an insult to our profession. If you were not fired your boss should have been fired. If you are still working there QUIT NOW YOU MORON. If i EVER find out who you are i will have your certifications revoked!!!!!!!!

While I agree with you completely... you don't have the capability to revoke anyone's certificates. Seriously, you have no authority over this person. Get off your power trip dude, being a manager at one pool doesn't mean you can go around firing people halfway across the country. OP, you're an idiot. YDI 100%.

Here in Canada we do have the authority to revoke certifications if deemed valid. And what power trip are you speaking of? All i said was "i would have fired you on the spot" and if said person worked for me i would have done just that. Being on a power trip would be if i attempted to get them fired.

"If i EVER find out who you are i will have your certifications revoked!!!!!!!!" -- THAT, my friend, is the power trip I was speaking of. And I meant you personally don't have the power to take away his certification. HIS manager might be able to, but you? No.

i created this account just to tell ou that you are an asshole! I don't see anything wrong with sneaking in a nap on the job but as a LIFE guard on duty you should know better than that. You should be fired! If you fell asleep by accident I'd say maybe you should get a second chance...but since you did it on purpose no way go find another way to make money.

Thinking you could get away with it because you were wearing sunglasses. Class A ****-for-brains.

Dumb ****! You are lucky a kid didnt drown.

Wow if you were that tired go tell your manager you can't lifeguard they'll be pissed but it's better than someone dying because you were too stupid to watch them