By Sleepy - 04/07/2009 15:24 - United States

Today, I fell asleep while lifeguarding, thinking I could get away with it due to my sunglasses. When I woke up, I saw my boss waving at me. Apparently she'd been trying to get my attention for five minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 566
You deserved it 69 972

Same thing different taste

Comments

How can you not be aware how serious your job is? In the past 10 years in my city, 4 kids have drown in the 7 public pools in my city. It does happen. And there's almost always an inquest afterwards, to make sure that everyone was doing their job and not being a selfish piece of shit the way you were back there.

mistaken_fml 0

As a teacher; a day camp employee; a lifeguard; and someone who adores children; I am appalled by not only your selfishness, but your lack of professionalism. In the 5 years I've been guarding, we have not lost any one, but that does not mean we have not had our share of close calls. Just last week I had to pull out 2 children who were struggling.... imagine if I had been sleeping! To everyone that says parents need to be watching their children, I 100% agree. However, I guard for day camps and the parents are not there. There are counselors, but not all of them are trained guards. This person did not say in what situation he was guarding. There may not have been parents present. You need to go re-read your job description and figure out what it means to be a GUARD of LIFE.

Hope your boss fired your lazy butt. What if someone got hurt and needed your help and you were sleeping?

ShortyBBangin 0

"I fell asleep while life guarding, thinking I could get away with it cause of my sunglasses"...ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS?!?! I hope your boss FIRED YOUR ASS UP cause YOU DESERVE IT, freakin moron.

You deserve it ten times over. Hope you got fired for it. In many lines of work, you'd slow down the production a bit by falling asleep on the job, but in yours you're putting people's LIVES at risk. Now, it's one thing if you're so tired you can't control it -- still a bad thing, but understandable. You, however, consciously CHOSE to let yourself fall asleep, putting others' lives at risk and accepting money for it. You asshole!

Kristoffer 35

What the **** is wrong with you? I hope you got fired on the spot. You're not there to take a goddamn NAP you're there to ensure that people don't drown. That's not some damn office job where you can sleep at your desk, you need to treat it as if you were a paramedic.

somehow this is too infeasible to be true, probably someone trying to get a rise out of ppl, no one would really be THAT STUPID. man I wish as a paramedic i could just sleep in the back and not watch the monitor as i transports patients. This way when they flat-line I don't have to do any work

It's lifeguards like you that make people think it's an easy job, just sitting in the sun all day. YDI for putting a //lot// of people's lives in danger, asshole. As another lifeguard, this embarrasses me. And, btw, even if you were extremely exhausted, you should have called in for a replacement guard. You shouldn't guard unless you're at your top.

maybey this is a sign that you should do your ******* job you self-indulgent ****