By Cassidy Bowen - 16/06/2012 05:42 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I decided to not wear makeup for the first time. My boyfriend asked me if I got punched in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 603
You deserved it 6 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the thing with wearing make up all the time: no one appreciates your true beauty since they're all used to the fake you :( fyl OP

"No sweetheart, but you will be!" *punch*

Comments

aaliyahsagirah 5

Congratulations to all you girls flaunting around saying 'I never wear makeup! Natural beauty la la la! If you wear that much make up, YDI!'. It's nice that you have self confidence, but a lot of people don't. Do you think anyone wakes up in the morning, looks on the mirror, and goes 'gee, I'm Gunna put a pound of shit on my face today!'. No. Some girls wear make up because they're insecure about their looks, NOT fake. Yeah, it's nice that you look pretty natural, but before you go around being a bitch and judging them, maybe you should consider WHY they're wearing it instead of chastising them about it.

First, isn't it a bit hypocritical to be complaining about people being judged WHILE judging people? Second, that's not a healthy solution for insecurity. You should learn that looks aren't important and accept your natural appearance. Otherwise, you learn that your face is something to be ashamed of and you can become too dependent on your makeup (I know some girls who are afraid to go into public without it) and more concerned about how you look than other important things. These are just my personal views, but I'm sure that many of the other "self-confident bitches" would agree with me. And it doesn't look like most of the comments were attacking people who wear makeup, they were just sharing their views...

aaliyahsagirah 5

First of all, I'm not saying EVERYONE. I'm talking specifically to the people that I classified. Second, it's not a healthy solution TO YOU. There's no negative health effects to wearing make up. It's not like you're going to contract syphilis from a powder. And actually, hate to burst your bubble hun, but looks ARE important biologically. We are genetically PROGRAMMED to look for a good appearance in a mate, and in ourselves. It's in our DNA, even the ancient Egyptians were documented wearing eyeliner and such (charcoal powder and flower ink). Hate to say it because it goes against your Disney movie morals, but looks are important. Attraction is a big part of life and reproduction. You act like I'm attacking you personally. Actually, I'm attacking the self righteous stuck up bitches who are chastising her for wearing 'too much makeup' and bragging about how "beautiful" they are naturally. And aren't YOU being a little hypocritical by attacking someone sharing THEIR personal views on the matter? (ps, it's not 'self confident' bitches I have a problem with. Self confidence is good. It's stuck up, snobby bitches who just happened to get good looks, and can't understand what it's like to not have them, and then talk about something they know nothing about)

I wrote a big ass comment, but I decided to just send it to you. To summarize: looks are just as determined by culture as by genetics, valuing non-physical over physical beauty is actually MORE beneficial to one's genetic line today, not being superficial is not Disney movie idealism, beauty is subjective, makeup DOES have negative physical health effects, but that's unrelated to what I was saying because I was talking about mental health. Also, you are still being hypocritical and using ad hominem attacks. I hope you actually bother reading my full response, because it's pretty long. :P

aaliyahsagirah 5

Yes, different people are attracted to different things. Such as the debate with blondes, red heads, ect. One person can be attracted to a blonde, light skinned girl, and repulsed by the opposite, and then there's vice versa. And then there's the social aspect where you see a girl who's been airbrushed, and it lowers your self esteem, and you buy a shitload of makeup trying to make up for it. Now yes, wearing makeup trying to look like Megan fox, that's pretty bad for ones mental health, because it's never going to happen. However, wearing it just as an upper, or because you feel a little down on yourself and it helps your self confidence, then why the **** is it any of our business? And while valuing non-physical aspects of a person is more beneficial, it conflicts with what's actually built into our DNA. However, some people wear makeup for the fact of.. Lets say they think they have small eyes, and they like the effects of mascara. Is it such a negative thing? There's a difference between superficial and recognizing/fighting attraction. That's why you get so many people who complain about 'friendzone'. Someone can be the nicest person in the world and can be a good best friend, but however much I hate to say it, being physically attracted to the person is scientifically a big part of a relationship. It doesn't always have negative effects, I believe you're referring to the people who literally hate themselves without it, but there are some people who just wear it for an extra boost.

TxCountryBeauty 10

Don't wear so much makeup... True natural beauty is the thing of the present (because it's a gift). I hardly wear makeup because these days it covers you up rather then accentuates your natural flawless beauty:)

this is why I am happy I have permanent makeup. eyeliner upper and lower lid tattooed on to look like lovely perfect liquid eyeliner. eyebrows filled in with light feather like tattoo style, they are perfectly shaped. lastly, the lips,deep red that slowly faded into a nicer red,I always look made up,but need spend no money on makeup. I wear no foundation or eyeshadow, mainly because I'm professional cosplayer and need to leave my skin bare when I can.

I hate that. Once I didn't put on concealer in the morning and my friend asked told me that there was "a bunch of black stuff" under my eyes. I hate dark circles. F**k our lives, OP. ;_;

YDI for wearing too much makeup to begin with. I don't believe in makeup, but I don't have the highest self-esteem either. I'm not that confident with how I look, but I do believe that makeup is stupid and overrated, not to mention severely overpriced. It's just a bunch of goop that hides who a person really is, and when it comes off, people don't recognize you, which lowers your self-esteem even further than if you hadn't worn it in the first place. But yeah, it's pretty bad if it looks like you've been punched while not wearing makeup. Shouldn't have worn it to begin with.

Maybe she had a massive break out the day before? I'm not sure how he could have thought she had been punched in the face. Unless... She has dark circles under her eyes naturally?

idloai 0

Sorry but you probably wear way too much makeup on a daily basis if you look that dramatically different to your own boyfriend without it.