By Taylor - 20/07/2012 18:23 - United States - Columbus

Today, my boyfriend asked me if I wear makeup much. Expecting him to say something about my natural beauty, I replied with an honest "no." His smiled softly, gently squeezed my shoulder, and said, "Maybe you should." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 462
You deserved it 3 746

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should ask him if he uses penis enlargement pills.

Op just paint her face like joker and then say "why so serious?" to him.

Comments

It's really not always. I think that if a girl asks how she looks, a boyfriend can be honest instead of falsely praising, but if he thinks she looks so bad why is he dating her to begin with?! To bring it up out of nowhere is a somewhat cruel move.

He didn't say she looks bad. Let me explain. My husband claims that he thinks I look best when I wake up and that I'm a natural beauty. But he is always impressed when I get dolled up for an event. It's possible that OP's bf was struck by how much more amazing she looks made up. Maybe it's not the most romantic thing ever but it doesn't mean he thinks she's ugly. That said, honesty is best but it needn't be brutal. Tact is not lying. There's usually a way to be truthful without being rude.

Yeah. Some of my good friends just got into a fight because she never gets dressed up, even if they are going out. I understand both sides of the story so maybe OP's boyfriend was just trying to give her a hint.

I can only agree with that. My boyfriend likes me no matter how I look but of course he preferes some looks over others (he loves it when I wear dresses in summer for example) so I will try to wear them more often when he's around since I like him better in some way or the other as well and he will try to please me most of the time. Although if ops bf doesn't know about her daily routine and how she looks in different situations the relationship might be a really fresh one and I can see why she would take it as an insult to her natural beauty.

You should ask him if he uses penis enlargement pills.

Nah OP should put on makeup like the joker in batman and refuse to wipe it off.

In all seriousness this is not a good time for batman jokes...

Today, my girlfriend asked me if I used any penis enlargement pills. Expecting she though it was pretty big, I replied honestly "no". She smiled softly, gently squeezed my shoulder and said "maybe you should". FML

No such thing as small penises. Just big vaginas.

57-Why would a guy's username be katieamberr??

Smile, gently squeeze his shoulder and roar into his face, "**** off!" Or be a good girl and go put a face full of makeup on just to please him.

Why would OP even bother trying to please this bastard?! Dump him! What a dick!

Just put on makeup that makes you look terrible. that will shut him up =)

steezus 3

Looks like that's what you do.

xDropsOfJupiterx 8

How do you know she's beautiful? Have you met her?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
TriflingAllDay 6

Gahaha. Just cause it was said. I agree. Put it on. Your natural beauty aint enough kid.

Op just paint her face like joker and then say "why so serious?" to him.

Bonzer 2
LunaBee3105 3

ya see that would be my first response ;D

6) and make a YouTube video! "What's 1 + 1? Gonoriha."

BunchieRules 31

I agree. Let's put a sssmile on that face!

Really not a good time for batman jokes, people

gameofthrones_fml 12

Agreed with 53. I know people who were hurt in the batman massacre and that comment just hit too close to home

Jdog619 11

74 - I'm sorry you had to be involved in that. But the comment was completely unrelated to the shooting. That's just being a bit too touchy to say that it hits "too close to home."

Considering the guy who shot up the movie theater was dressed as the joker, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for a little restraint on any related jokes.

The shooting was a terrible tragedy but the guy who did it wasn't dressed as the joker... He had a gas mask on. Besides doesn't it seem out of hand to stop liking Batman and anything related to it because of what happened? It's not the movie's fault. The only one to blame is the sick freak that did it. If we all suddenly hate Batman and stop going to theaters then he wins. He wanted to cause panic and fear and of course that's the natural reaction to something like this, but it is over now and we can't live our lives in fear it will happen again. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families and friends as well.

He died his hair red and called himself the Joker. It was a terrible thing that happened very recently, and people are just getting over it.

BunchieRules 31

I apologize to anyone who found my last comment offensive. That was before I heard about the shooting.

HooyoMacaan 7

Looks fade. Find someone that appreciates you as you are.

Epikouros 31

Relationships don't last. Hook up with someone hot while you're still young. :)

What makes you think he doesn't? The man shoved his foot in his mouth one time that we know of and everyone's telling OP to move on. You can't have it both ways. He's with her so he obviously either likes how she looks or likes her for more than her appearance (maybe even both). It's not a crime to want the person you're with to be the best version of herself or to do something attractive for you. This is no different than if he'd said something like "you look hot when you were your red dress".

Clearly you have a good taste in men of you go out with this dick...

I'm sorry, that made no sense at all... Please check your posts before submitting ;)

emilydotawesome 1

Your attempt at sarcasm sickens me.

Lennes 12

His reply was honest as well.

Lennes 12

Oh crap. This is a terrible comment. Rather than that being the absolute truth, it was rather his own personal opinion.

^ he was still being honest about his opinion.

Aww, look at that sweet alpaca face!

Sounds like you shouldn't expect much from him.