Assumptions

By Sabre - 10/07/2018 01:30

Today, in my role as a social worker, I was ordered by the court to take a very pregnant, petite 15-year-old for a prenatal exam. I'm an adult man. As she waddled into her appointment, I turned to see hate-filled stares in the entire waiting room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 262
You deserved it 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks. You were doing the right thing in your capacity as a social worker and don’t deserve to be judged like that.

Leviathene 34

Guess what, you do a job most people couldn't stomach. I have mad respect for that. You put in the work, you help these children. That's what matters. Keep your chin up, you're doing a wonderful job.

Comments

That sucks. You were doing the right thing in your capacity as a social worker and don’t deserve to be judged like that.

Zambady 11

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Is that actually you in the display pic?

Leviathene 34

Guess what, you do a job most people couldn't stomach. I have mad respect for that. You put in the work, you help these children. That's what matters. Keep your chin up, you're doing a wonderful job.

You should have winked at them and given them a sly smile. Their disgust with you will become so intense they won’t even look at you.

I know this is a serious scenario and all, but I can't help but laugh at the phrase "As she waddled into her appointment..."

Zekfen 17

You should have smirked at them and in all seriousness said: Got her on the first try!

I'm sorry people judge. There are several innocent reasons an adult male could be accompanying a pregnant teen to an exam.

I’m sorry you were judged unfairly, but you should be proud to do a job most people wouldn’t be able to handle. I have so much respect for you :)

When I was a teenager, I had stares in the ultrasound waiting room and I was only there for a scan to check my kidneys. People always judge and make assumptions with little to no information, which I guess is the whole point of this site.

PenguinPal3017 19

How dare you potentially have kidney issues!

Mungolikecandy 19

If you were not the one who knocked her up then who cares what they think. You were there for her, not their opinion.