By Bianchitis - 25/09/2013 15:07 - United States

Today, I bought some really expensive face wipes that were supposed to cure my awful acne. I was excited to use them until I found out my mom had used them all wiping down her car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 279
You deserved it 3 302

Bianchitis tells us more.

Thanks for the comments, they made me laugh. First of all, I have tried a bunch of different acne medications and none of them worked so I tried these new wipes that got recommended to me. They are actually full size and it's not super obvious that it's a face wipe. So my mother, who loves to keep her car clean, picked them up off of the table and wiped her car with about 90% of the wipes. I did confront her about it and she apologized but she hasn't gotten me new ones... Thanks for the acne advise, I'll be sure to try some of them.

Top comments

Ask her to buy you new ones...she shouldn't be touching stuff that's not hers

She just wanted her car to have a flawless appearance.

Comments

_fabulousss_ 6
tmc8907 18

I hate when people don't read the packaging!

Jokes on her if its like most acne products, they all have a "don't get on fabric" warning and I doubt that stuff is good for the paint job. Especially if it sits in the sun.

TrinityNevada 11

I don't care how old you are, if you bought something with your own money and it's not dangerous or illegal, your mother has no good reason to mess with it. I hope you told her what they were for and that she apologized for her "whoops" and replaced them. Also, I am reading through other people's acne suggestions. I can't understand why you would get ANY ydis

sorry to say, wipes aren't good for the skin in the first place, let alone some that promise to 'cure acne', you're going to have to cater you whole skincare routine e.g. cleanser, face wash, toner and moisturisers to acne products x

You can't cure acne with just skin wipes. Maybe go see a dermatologist.

I thought it said cat!! Either way makes no sense!!!

Thanks for the comments, they made me laugh. First of all, I have tried a bunch of different acne medications and none of them worked so I tried these new wipes that got recommended to me. They are actually full size and it's not super obvious that it's a face wipe. So my mother, who loves to keep her car clean, picked them up off of the table and wiped her car with about 90% of the wipes. I did confront her about it and she apologized but she hasn't gotten me new ones... Thanks for the acne advise, I'll be sure to try some of them.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Have you tried Epsom salt? Its cheap and can be found in most grocery or drug stores. I use it a lot to help with my bad skin. I soak in a tub full of the Epsom salt solution for my back and splash it on my face or submerge my face in the water a few times. I also sometimes use it as an exfoliate with warm water. It draws out infection and heals the zits so that might be something you want to try. Mind you I do this with my usual facial care routine.

I'm glad you mentioned something to her if they were really just laying on the table I could see her just not looking and thinking there just regular wipes. I thought she had went into your room or something and got them. But at least she is aware now. I've tried many different stuff for my face I used to get acne really bad and still do sometimes at 33yrs old. But I have been using baking powder and lemons and all natural honey I buy it from a lady here in town who makes her own. I will steam my face to open the pores and get a slice of a lemon and squeeze the juice out into a small container and then put baking powder in it and mix it up then I apply it to my face gently rubbing in circular motion for about 2 minutes then I will rinse off with warm water. The lemon can make your skin really dry do can the baking powder but pat your face dry then apply the hunny all over your face it's a good moisturizer very good you don't even have to put any type of moisturizing cream on it also a good anti bacterial. I used to get really really expensive stuff for my face but I had tried to go to a more natural way and the results are far more better. I've got my kids into trying it and that's all they will use now. Even scars have got lighter, and my skin tone has evened out alot. I'm 33 but I've been told by many I've came in contact with I don't look my age I look alot younger. Which is all fine and dandy lol but I just love how my skin feels after I've done my routine. Now I don't recommend using the lemon every night maybe twice a week but do use just water and baking powder every nite. And let the hunny sit for about 15 minutes then rinse with Luke warm water you face will feel like baby's skin. I'm not saying it will work for you but might be a good try. I just know some of my kids well it works for them and they all range from very different skin types as they are my adopted kids so there's a whole mix of them lol.

can't believe your mom used them for her vehicle :) a lot Of people have good acne fix suggestions. My mom used to by me oxy pads all the time :/ what worked best for me was a scrub that felt like sand

hcollins1 18

I used to have horrible acne in middle school, one thing that did help me was this face wash/mask called clear pore by neutrogena. You can get it at any local grocery store. Use the mask once or so a week and then use it as a face wash for the rest of the week. Hope this helps OP!

my best friend had some super super terrible acne and super oily skin. I recommended her witch hazel with 2 aspirin dropped in the bottle and shaken well every time you use it. She just started wiping down her face three times a day and her acne went away. it even really cleared up her pregnancy acne after she did the glucose testings. Anyways. I hope you find something that really helps you =)

alicexo_fml 8

Nerium AD. It's expensive but you will literally get results overnight. I have been using it for two months and my face is completely clear.

I don't get too bad of acne, but when I do break out every now & then & I have to pop a pimple, I try & pop it in the hot shower & then as soon as I get out I put a dab of toothpaste over the popped pimple. I let it sit for about an hour & then wipe it off with a wet wash cloth. I usually can tell to take it off when I feel the minty tingly wear off. I suggest using face wash to prevent breaking out, but when you do break out, the tooth paste being applied right after you pop it prevents it from being super red & scabby. I always read how to prevent acne, but there isn't much to hide it once one shows up. Good luck!!

OP, I feel you pain. I never had acne growing up but I went through 3 years of acne so bad that it left scars on my face & I never wanted to leave my house because I hated how I looked & how people looked at me. I tried everything, even prescription meds & face cleansers from my dr. I got a bottle of Bert's Bees facial cleanser & it cleared up within a month. I was ecstatic!! I've not used anything else sense then & my face is all cleared up still, 2 years later!! I recommend it to anyone I know!! The stuff is amazing!! Good luck to you!

martin8337 35

At least she didn't use them to wipe her asshole with.

ShittyBikes 6

I always appreciate a slightly unnecessary inclusion of "hole" immediately after "ass"

Oh wow its called common sense she should have read what they were. Who knows maybe she did, I have to use expensive stuff for my face also, and I have many adopted kids and I could not imagine doing something like that but even if I wanted to use my daughters stuff for my face I would ask before hand. Has she offered to buy you more?