By Meghan Elise - 06/07/2019 02:41

Today, my boyfriend and I dyed our hair. His hair came out good. My hair, on the other hand, came out splotchy, and instead of dark blue, it came out green. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 290
You deserved it 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should never change hair color with a group of people. We are all destined to dye alone.

allergies dont cause your hair to come out the wrong color and testing doesn't mean you'll dye it properly.

Comments

Didn't you do a test beforehand? Always do a test. You could be allergic to the chemicals for a start.

allergies dont cause your hair to come out the wrong color and testing doesn't mean you'll dye it properly.

That'd be why I ended my comment with "for a start". Testing would allow them to make sure it turned out the color they wanted, give them the practice needed to make it look good, and ensure they had no allergies, or other adverse reactions, to the chemicals.

With non traditional at home color kits, tests are a must to see how it looks on your hair. Also to know long how to wait if you had to bleach it so it won’t turn funky colors. Some can right away. Some have to wait a day or 2. While expensive, easier to just go to a salon. It will always turn out much better, last longer, and be destructive to your clothes and bedding for a shorter amount of time.

You should never change hair color with a group of people. We are all destined to dye alone.

Just change your Halloween costume from a Smurf to a Ninja Turtle and you'll be fine.