By hc11bmd - 19/06/2012 17:20 - United States - Bethel

Today, I asked a coworker what she'd bought her dad for father's day. She said that she got him some flowers, and I laughed because I thought it was a rather feminine gift for a man. I later found out that the flowers were for his grave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 473
You deserved it 55 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GuyWithThePants 7

Maybe that'll teach you to be so judgmental

B3Y0ND 3

You couldn't have possibly known about her dead father, but you still should have been more sensitive about her gift choice. No need to be rude about it.

Comments

jaredofmo 22

YDI, but to be fair, you didn't know.

They sell Father's Day bouquets at the grocery store by my house. It's not too uncommon.

Ummm I do believe even a "guy" can appreciate the beauty of flowers. And it's her dad not yours. What do you care if it's too feminine of a gift?

knight0748 5
mrbobmarley4 8

How could she deserve this? I mean if you have a little bit of common sense people, how could she would know that her co-workers dad was dead? Plus the way her co-worker said it was just asking for OP to say her responses.

44, it's not a YDI because she didn't know her co-worker's father was dead. It's a YDI because she laughed at a co-worker gift to her parent, which is rude.

g02hell 2

79 I hope you feel better cause now you're an ass too.

If you say 45's comment really fast it sounds like "your anus"

How am I an ass? I'm simply making the world's grammar better one correction at a time.

unknown_user5566 26

That's what you get for being close-minded and buying into gender stereotypes. Even if her father were alive, who are you to judge what type of gift is appropriate? From what I understand, some guys appreciate flowers.

You're the type who gets their dad a power tool every single year, aren't ya.

Personally, if I were a father, I'd love a power tool every year.

More like the type that gives a "coupon" every year for a "lazy" day.