By hc11bmd - 19/06/2012 17:20 - United States - Bethel

Today, I asked a coworker what she'd bought her dad for father's day. She said that she got him some flowers, and I laughed because I thought it was a rather feminine gift for a man. I later found out that the flowers were for his grave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 473
You deserved it 55 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GuyWithThePants 7

Maybe that'll teach you to be so judgmental

B3Y0ND 3

You couldn't have possibly known about her dead father, but you still should have been more sensitive about her gift choice. No need to be rude about it.

Comments

amire23 4

I bet you would've loved to get flowers cause no one loves you.

Except it would have been rude even if OP's assumption that the co-worker's father was alive had been correct. So really, OP just fails all round.

phograph 5

Yeah, you know what ASSUMING does.. It makes an ASS out U and ME. Seriously, it's a lesson to live by.. Perhaps you should start. Edit: Besides, what if her father had been a trans? It would be the same situation.

What assumption? she mad it sound as if her dad was alive. Why is this too hard for you people to comprehend that

@russfml: But even if her dad WAS alive, it's douchey to laugh at someone's gift just because it doesn't fit into perceived gender stereotypes. So the OP deserves it for being a judgemental ass.

phograph 5

what the **** would her father being trans have to do with anything? also, you can't be "a" trans.

phograph 5

What if her father was a woman? It's quite clear what I meant, I'd think.

If her father was a woman, she'd be referring to her as her mother, not her father. Unless you mean started out as a woman and became a man. In which case, how is that different from someone who was a man all their life (and those who argue that FtM's are men or boys their whole life, I'm talking physically)?

phograph 5

The woman would be her biological father, even if she was a woman by that point, and I dunno, maybe they like flowers? It's quite possible.

cameronman9 2

WHAT DOES OP MEAN!!!!!!!????????

PerfectMistakes 8

OP means Original Poster, I believe. Or something along those lines.

So you would assume her father is dead because she got him flowers? What fkin planet are you on?

Aaron5390 0

most men hold a since of self respect to not want flowers. But comming from his daughter whether he is living or deceased is a diff story I agree with some people how are you supposed to kno he is dead not ur fault.

g02hell 2

If having flowers or being given flowers lowers your self respect you got problems. Flowers kick ass. -a man

I always get my dad flowers... And he IS alive. Assuming guys don't like to receive flowers is a gender stereotype. Yes my dad likes power tools and golf clubs but he'd definitely appreciate some flowers.

The fact you think having flowers means you have no self respect makes me think you're one of those guys who refuses to bathe or have cushions in your house, probably as a way of compensating for a tiny manhood or some bi curious feelings.

that's on her. anyone doesn't lead with the fact that he's dead is stupid. sorry op

most people dont go around telling everyone that they have a deceased parent

In a situation like that is good to. She made it sound as if he's alive when not. That's misleading and justifiable.

izzygarcia 0

I like flowers I'm a guy? My favorite are peach colored roses & I'm not gay!(: