By hc11bmd - 19/06/2012 17:20 - United States - Bethel

Today, I asked a coworker what she'd bought her dad for father's day. She said that she got him some flowers, and I laughed because I thought it was a rather feminine gift for a man. I later found out that the flowers were for his grave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 473
You deserved it 55 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GuyWithThePants 7

Maybe that'll teach you to be so judgmental

B3Y0ND 3

You couldn't have possibly known about her dead father, but you still should have been more sensitive about her gift choice. No need to be rude about it.

Comments

It's fathers day I don't see what's wrong with getting him flowers. If I got my dad flowers he'd take it as a big joke and laugh his ass off. You should be more careful next time.

You just proved a point buddy, that's cause getting a guy flowers is funny. Therefore the op laughed at the idea of it.

It mustn't be that "funny" to give a father flowers, since many florists sell Father's Day bouquets during this time of year. Actually, flowers are a fairly common gift for either gender. Not every dad wants power tools or socks and undies.

that's terrible! I fee so bad for her I know if my dad died my life would be over :(

it sounds a little feminine when it's out of context: i'v bought flowers for my dad (because he likes flowers) i'v bought flowers for my dad's grave (because he is dead) y, FYL

Fyl, I would have thought the same. I've never heard of a father getting flowers for fathers day. The rest of you just know how to jump on a band wagon, get real

Its not that getting flowers for guys is the norm. I mean, I buy my dad plant seeds for father's day because he is really into healthy food and likes to grow his own veggies. However, my dad likes a lot of things people might mistake for feminine gifts and I have been laughed at for buying him journals, necklaces and sewing supplies because of the way people assume it means my dad's gay. However, I don't care if people find it funny, I care that people who don't know my father feel it is perfectly fine to comment on the things I buy him. It usually shuts them up when I tell them that my father grew up in a rural part of the country and after my grandmother had a terrible accident, he was in charge of making his own clothes, growing his own food and the like because he would have gone without if he didn't. He enjoys those sorts of things.

GurTeddyBear 0
anarchistpunk 3

It's more like **** her life cause she pobably cried because of you. Good ******* you judgmental prick.

Dont be so judgemental OP. Not everyone has a mom or dad. But aside from that, whats wrong with flowers? Guys can like flowers just as much as girls can too, but im sure the guy would accept them anyway even if he didnt like them.

joanna0488 7

Maybe next time you won't be so insensitive! Jerk!!

What a stupid prick , way to go making a girl feel more worse then she already is. Now is your turn to buy flowers when apologising !!