By atmac95 - 27/02/2010 21:28 - United States

Today, I am expected to write an 8 page essay, due tonight. The reason why I don't even have one page yet? My mom decided to take away the only computer I have the essay saved on because I have an 'F' in English. The essay is for English. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 951
You deserved it 7 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fueledbyshar 0

Get off of FML and get writing!

LtHoward 0

Your own fault for having an F in the first place.

Comments

Taylorfacepwns 0

says the one who 'talks lik dis'

how the f*** are you writing this then?.. lol

I know its a long shot..But a long long time ago...You know, back when people had proper grammar skills and spell check wasn't around and you actually needed to be able to PRINT properly, they had a device known as a pencil. Hopefully you can find such a device in your house. How can a teacher discriminate against a household that doesn't have a computer? If they do just tell the to **** off and that you don't have one..What can they do?

They look straight at you and tell you that there are public libraries with computers and printers.

And more often than not, the school itself provides a number of computers and printers for the students to use.

ndiesal 0

Uh, tell your mom that you need to do/print your essay so maybe that F can improve? Or like one of the comments above about going to the library? There's a way to rectify that situation, and if you don't make the effort...well...it's no wonder you have an F in English in the first place.

To everybody saying "OMG how can you fail English, that's the language you speak!" - you are aware that speaking English isn't the only skill you need for English class? It also helps to, say, have good reading comprehension skills, to be able to analyse texts well and to be able to tailor your writing style to suit different forms, audiences and purposes. Just speaking English, even if you can speak it very well, isn't going to get you very far. (Oh, and before anybody accuses me of saying this because I'm 'bitter and failed English' or anything like that, I will point out that I'm an English Language & Linguistics uni student. :P)

capthavoc123 0

Not having good reading comprehension skills, writing skills, or text analyzing skills is a result of not studying hard enough. So it's still the OP's fault. I'm sick of people getting off by saying "I'm just not good at math" or "I'm just not good at reading". BS. Pick up a book and study, and you'll get good at it.

Maybe English is not his first language?

Oh, no, I wasn't saying it wasn't his fault. I was just trying to point out to people going "Pfft, English is the language you speak, how can you fail it?" that the skills you need for doing well in English class aren't the same as the ones you'd need for say, French class, in which you do just need to speak (and read/write) the language.* People do have strengths and weaknesses and I can understand somebody getting lower marks because they struggle with a particular subject, but I do tend to agree that it's still not an excuse for failing something completely. (In most cases, anyway.) *(Please note I'm talking about French classes up to say, GCSE level, I don't know what they're like to a higher level than that.)

orangesodaftw, having an F in math is acceptable? Ah, I see.

Taylorfacepwns 0

hes just saying its more acceptable than an F in your speaking language. dont pick fights.

facingforeverr 0
chandlerthedog 0

I think OP is heading to a life of min wage and missery unless she can get her priorities together. I would type my assig on my iPhone if I had to.....

capgray 0

this sure sounds like an "F" ml. hahaha btw not everyone has iphones people