By mandy - 01/08/2009 01:51 - Australia

Today, my mum deleted my college research assignment on rape because the subject was too vulgar. I had worked on it for the past month and it was worth 50% of my grade. It's due tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 337
You deserved it 4 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TulipLuver 0

That is terrible! I actually think it is great that you wrote your paper on that. It is something that affects people. Believe me. I know.

m3l_fml 0

Your mom must be those strong religious people that believe rape and murder never occurs. Tell her to get out of her shell.

Comments

@OP If your mum is anything like mine, it would still exist in the recycle bin...

Cheatx 0

she probably got raped, which is why she thought it was 'vulgar'

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Sessee 4
mandark 9

seriously male mandys scare me. because i'm a female mandy.

ouch, ur moms a bitch. i dont know why she would do that. after all its her money thats going in for ur college education. oh, anddid u check the recycling bin? it might still be in there. if not then FML PS ur mom deserves to be raped

spiffles 0

#167, you don't say that. You just don't....you must be a guy.

of course its a guy... women aren't smart enough to use computers

lilmisslovely13 15

166- no one deserves to be raped. No matter what theyve done.

TulipLuver 0

That is terrible! I actually think it is great that you wrote your paper on that. It is something that affects people. Believe me. I know.

No it doesn't, it doesn't affect anyone, ever.

caticaticati 3

It was kind of stating the obvious on #2's part.

Wth are you talking about 47? It affects everybody. Whether or not they've been raped.

Nonnag 0

I believe number 47 was being sarcastic...

Well, technically not sarcastic. He was flaming, and only people who can think would realize he was trying to evoke people into flaming back. Also, #2 is suggesting he/she has been raped. Get a life.

evoke, provoke, two different words

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
scott_m319 0

Of course. Why bother to tackle such a terrible, brutal problem when we can simply turn our heads the other way and ignore the cries from the victims of abuse? God forbid we encounter any taboo or *gasp* reality in our studies! OP, that is totally, completely FYL, no matter what #3 says. I hope you checked the recycle bin and were able to recover it in time.

It is one of the things in life people don't want to talk about but it is also a very necessary subject in order to prevent it.

kezzstar 0

Owch. One more reason why you should keep things passworded, backed up and preferably on removable storage. I hope told your mother that it was for school, and insinuated that you've ruined her life. FYI for having an ignorant mother and living in QLD.

Hey, Queensland is awesome :D Don't diss it!

kezzstar 0

We just lost to Collingwood. How is that good, again? I hate my team.

Or rather...that the mother has ruined the OP's life...and not the other way around...

Queensland... Still better than Tassie xD Sucks about your crazy mum D=

I hope the mom was paying for college. Nothing feels better to a child than seeing a stupid decision by a "holier than thou" parent come back to bite them in the ass.

#247 HEY! I resent your choice of words. Most religious people would applaud doing a research topic on rape. It's the atheists and agnostics who tend to turn their backs on rape victims more so than the religious people. We just get blamed because religion is the media's scapegoat for freaking everything

BUDWEISER 0

that really sucks. watd you end up doing?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yea, like 80% of the FMLs I see have the female in the wrong.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Taylor_JV 3

#75 bite me. and then go make me a sandwich, Dick.

#75 with that attitude , its obvious that you have never/never will get a girl

75# you jackass, obviously never had a girlfriend before, no wonder :P

wow guys, feed the troll much? **** all your lives for being so gullible. @OP: that really sucks, but there are plenty of ways to get that research paper back, unless she commpletely wiped the hard drive, which i doubt.

WORSHIPME 0

Get an excuse or note from your mom telling the teacher that she indeed was the one who prevented you from completing your assignment. (I know that was a very mundane comment, but it had to be said. Soz D:)

That would work in Primary School,maybe even high school but you would need a better excuse in Uni.

flyboy57 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

i assume your from america, but in aus most people don't move out when they go to uni

poeticpunk77 0

have you ever heard of commuting? it saves you thousands on room and board or rent every semester. just saying :P

It may save you money to live with your parents while you go to school, but a LOT of American students go to school out of state. It's actually cheaper to live on your own with a roommate than it is to live in the dorms. One of the reasons I went to school out of state, aside from going to a better school, was because I didn't want to live with my parents anymore and I am quite capable of taking care of myself. But anyway, this is a prime example why every student should have their own laptop/computer and password protect the SHIT out of it. I would have given my mother the verbal beat down of the century if she did that to me and I'd make her pay for the class I was about to fail thanks to her stupidity. What kind of mother deletes a college project because she thinks it's "too vulgar"? Has she never been to college and realized that a lot of taboo subjects are taught in the classroom?

Damn it!!! I accidentally thumbed up this dickwad and now really wish I could pull it back. What a complete dick.

WORSHIPME 0

@ Deth2theinfedels: ignorant ******. Are you one of those bigoted Americans who ruin America's image. Go die.

this sucks. parents these days.. clueless on how technology works or how education works.

Can't you just get it out of the recycle bin?