By Anonymous - 14/09/2009 22:22 - United States

Today, during a major fight with my boyfriend, I threw a necklace he had given me out the window, thinking it was just a cheap trinket. He then told me, for the first time, that that necklace had belonged to his now deceased grandma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 205
You deserved it 719

Top comments

Never give that kind of stuff to girlfriends, save it for the wives.

amiamazing 0

Wow, you really are an ungrateful bitch for doing that. It was just a fight.

Comments

Biiiiitch. Thou shalt not throw sentimental things, even if they are cheap, especially just to make some superficial point about how angry you are. You know, it's one thing to do something physical when you're frustrated by yourself, but in the middle of a fight, it's just really bitchy and childish. Kind of like throwing rocks at the car of the old lady you don't like.

Today, I was walking to work. I was hit on the head by a flying necklace. Then I was beat by a mob of kids who took it with them. FML.

That would have been funnier if you hadn't included the last bit.

wrecked47 0

YDI for not being able to distinguish quality.

I once got greif from a girl for buying her a $600 diamond necklace that she loved. She went crazy when she found out where I bought it from. Totally legal just not a brag worthy brandname. I was pretty cut up about it but continued to sleep with her for a while till she got tired of bitching about how I don't get her nice things. FML (back then atleast).

YDI for not keeping some boundaries when fighting and not treasuring gifts given to you. Even if you have some fight and even if it were a trinket, he was still nice to give it to you. That's a pretty immature way of dealing with issues.

mo_the_owl 0

So, I'm just throwing it out there: He's lying? If you were fighting he could have just been trying to make you feel bad. Why wouldn't he have mentioned that when he gave it to you? Ten bucks says it's cubic zirconia.

hellokt 0

I cannot believe how stupid and quick to judge every single one of you are. First of all, she didn't wasn't mad because she thought the necklace was a cheap gift. She meant that they had a fight, and out of anger she threw the necklace out of anger. You're all ignorant for calling her disrespectful and not treausuring gifts. You all swear you've never done anything you don't regret. Morons.

Everyone does things they regret, but not everyone goes around posting it for the scrutiny of strangers on the internet. Get over it, this is how the internet works. Also, you don't even KNOW the girl. Stop pretending to be a superhero. Moron.

lydiacoolness 0

Sure, you didn't know how important it was. I still can't have any sympathy for you being so immature. Throwing things is not even slightly productive.