By Anonymous - 14/09/2009 22:22 - United States

Today, during a major fight with my boyfriend, I threw a necklace he had given me out the window, thinking it was just a cheap trinket. He then told me, for the first time, that that necklace had belonged to his now deceased grandma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 205
You deserved it 719

Top comments

Never give that kind of stuff to girlfriends, save it for the wives.

amiamazing 0

Wow, you really are an ungrateful bitch for doing that. It was just a fight.

Comments

mj2123 0

Doesn't anyone else thing it's weird that her bf never told her that it had belonged to his grandmother? Who gives someone a family heirloom to a girlfriend (especially *just* a girlfriend) and doesn't tell her?

YDI , I hate people who mid-fight break, lose, or damage things.

SuperMeme 0

Okay... why did he give you a necklace that belonged to his deceased grandmother? I wouldn't do that. Oh well, jewelry is expensive, shiny crap anyways (unless it's someone else's crappy jewelry, then you have to respect their decision to buy an expensive rock you put around your neck). I raise my Flame Shield and end my turn.

psyx 0

I couldn't agree more. If I were her boyfriend, I wouldn't give her anything of sentimental value at all. I know how women get, being one myself. YDI, moronic *****.

You deserve it for being a petulant, juvenile bitch, and for thinking of anything your boyfriend gave you as a 'cheap trinket', regardless of what it is - but I also think your boyfriend is a liar. Don't you think it's convenient that he told you it was emotionally priceless AFTER you threw it? I'm pretty sure he'd have told you if it was important when he gave it to you.

ladycoyote 0

Regardless of the value of the gift - way to be mature by throwing it out the window. That approach will get you far in the adult world. Grow the hell up.

ghostgirll 0

i don't understand why everyone is saying YDI, her bf must have done SOMETHING bad in order for her to get mad enough to throw his gift out of the window. OP, fyl.

Not necessarily. Don't you watch sitcoms? :P

Unless you threw it onto a moving truck or while you were in a car, you can just walk out the door and get it instead of complaining on FML. Some of these lately just suck.

1) YDI because you used the words 'proceeded' and 'He then' in your fml. These words do not make you sound smart, they make you sound like a douche. 2) YDI because you threw a necklace out the window. Never smart. 3) YDI because you threw a tantrum in the first place. Grow up. 4) YDI because you just really annoy me.

rowrohoh 0

What? How does the word "proceeded" make someone sound like a douche? It's a pretty commonly used word. And the word "then" is even more commonly used, I believe. Is there some grammatical error in using "proceeded" before "then?" It's two different subjects, so it can't be related and/or incorrect usage, right? Unless I'm missing something...? ... I'm probably way overanalyzing this.

"PROCEEDED" is the most overused word on FML, according to many on here.

Proceeded, sure, understandable. But you've got beef with "he then"? You've gotta be kidding me. That might be the most anal thing I've ever heard.

capthavoc123 0

Bullshit. Nobody would give their girlfriend something that important and not tell them. You probably just forgot because you're an uncaring ****.