By Anonymous - 01/04/2009 05:13 - United States

Today, as an April fools day joke, I decided to tell my mom and dad that I was gay. After an awkward silence, my mom looks at me, smiles, and says, "well, we have known for a while." She wasn't joking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 922
You deserved it 63 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How do you know she wasn't joking? According to my watch, she's allowed to continue the charade for another 18 hours. Them's the rules.

Ha-ha, unlucky - don't do an April fool's that can backfire!

Comments

8 said it :P but none of mine backfired today!

How do you know she wasn't joking, and just doing a really good job of it?

AntiChrist7 0

1) april fools are stupid 2) if they knew it already, you must have given them a reason

yes they are stupid... and what kind of a joke is that anyway? telling your parents you're gay... shiish

haha nice try, they probably knew you were joking and clowned you on your own joke.

its def. NOT funny to joke about being gayy. My best friend is gayy, and its a hard life for him, even in college. U def. had this coming your wayy, for being a dick about 'gayy' ppl. get over your self. go play in incoming taffic during rush hour,or something. Noone cares. go tell someone their shoes are untieed or something for an april fools joke.

Zakkie_1987 2

omfg, serious? Saying go play in incoming traffic? I think that's a little over the top. People arnt picking on gays, they are just saying it's a very odd "joke" to tell your parents. True or not, at least the parents are supportive whether it was a test run or just a genuine joke. AND, It's NOT funny to joke about being gay!? It's not a disease! your acting like it's this horrible thing like as if someone was joking about a terminal illness!! It's just gay, it's not even a big deal. if people don't like being involved with us homoSEXuals, then dont get involved, we never asked you too. ;-) I'm gay, it doesn't change a thing, I walk the same, I talk the same, I work the same, drive the same, change a tyre the same and service my engine the same as I did before I came out. Some people unfortunately only find it so hard because they either can't / arn't ready to accept it themselves, OR, they don't have a good support network to help.

kittykat1501 31

It's not "gayy" it's gay, which actually means happy

Why_Me77 0

"...we have known for a while"? Gee...what did you do that gave your mom the notion that you're gay? Hahaha... April Fool's joke backfired XD

You know... of all the guys I know who fake "come out" as a joke or psych class 'experiment,' probably 90% end up actually coming out soon after. #29, you're a little uptight. And gay only has one 'y.'