By Anonymous - 06/01/2015 00:16 - United States - Oak Ridge

Today, my mom called me into the living room to say that she had something important to tell me. She then explained how she and my dad had "talked things over" and wanted me to know that they accept me and love me no matter what. Apparently my mom thinks I'm lesbian. I'm not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 135
You deserved it 3 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You better tell them lickety-split that you're not actually a lesbian.

Comments

You better tell them lickety-split that you're not actually a lesbian.

OP, you could just have sex with a guy in front of them. Prove you're straight and scar them for life at the same time. Jk, don't do that. When you get a bf just kiss him in front of them, matter settled.

Or she could go with it.... Extra sympathy right?

My mom supported me too, only Im not actually a lesbian either, she just walked in while I was watching Orange Is the New Black.

I love that show! Also, my dad once thought I was too. I went through a HEAVY tomboy phase for about 3 years (and I suppose that meant I was lesbian). My dad bought me summer dresses for every gift giving occasion. I guess he was relieved when I grew out of it and got my first boyfriend. OP, at least your parents were supportive. It's better than them not being supportive and you being a lesbian.

Just say "thank you for being supportive mum, but I'm not lesbian. It's good to know you'd still be there for me if I was."

That's what I said, they still seem to think I'm gay. Don't worry about it OP - if they still love you and you're comfortable with your sexuality it would seem no harm's been done.

Look at the bright side, they still love and support you regardless.

Dreamsorrow93 24

It's ok. My parents think I am too. Just makes it easier to sneak out with guys.

Have them walk in on you 'accidentally' watching **** with guys in it.

That sounds like an incredibly embarrassing and difficult solution... Go for it, OP.

Could be the other way around - that they're in denial of you being gay - but regardless, that sucks. Did she at least give an explanation?

Oops!. Lesbian or not, you're very lucky to have such supportive parents!