By Anonymous - 01/04/2009 05:13 - United States

Today, as an April fools day joke, I decided to tell my mom and dad that I was gay. After an awkward silence, my mom looks at me, smiles, and says, "well, we have known for a while." She wasn't joking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 922
You deserved it 63 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How do you know she wasn't joking? According to my watch, she's allowed to continue the charade for another 18 hours. Them's the rules.

Ha-ha, unlucky - don't do an April fool's that can backfire!

Comments

caught22 0

she might be april fooling you back.

noele299 0
Kr00ked 0

hah I tryed that a while back and my dad kicked me out untill I told him it was a joke

i dont understand the joke of being gay =(

You told them this at 1:18 in the morning?

heeheehee. she could have been joking dude. so are you actually gay? if so, this worked out well for you!

I actually had an idea that was just like this story, only backwards. If there's ever a gay guy that wants to come out of the closet, but is afraid of how someone will act: do it on April Fool's day. If all goes well - hooray! If they react badly - April fools! I actually thought this was a horrible idea, but every single person I told it to said it was brilliant. Also, I thought of it near the end of April Fool's Day, so I couldn't try it out for myself.

jewboy92 0

That's terrible!! I'm so sorry... I can sympathize with you at least! I was taking piano lessons and my mom was like, "David, I hope that taking lessons with that gay teacher isn't wearing off on you. You're not gay, right??" Ugh. Lol...