By douchegamer - 03/03/2013 03:38 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, after an argument with my pianist girlfriend about how bad my favourite song would sound on the piano, she stormed out of the room crying, leaving behind a CD. It was the piano version of the song she'd made for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 143
You deserved it 78 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd be surprised what sounds good on piano, OP. Hell, I've even heard piano versions of Whip My Hair by Willow Smith that sound good!

Comments

beanthemouse 13

FYL and YDI FYL: You did not know. YDI: Never argue with a musican when you are not one yourself. I know opinions are opinions, but somtimes you have to think before you speak, even lie. Make it up to her. Take her to her faveourite food place, or buy her somthing nice to apologize.

I don't see why so many people say youou deserve it, you had no way of knowing. Anyway, you can fix this bro. Whether you like it or not just tell her you listened to it and you were wrong, it's amazing.

I'm guessing you're not a musician and hence don't realise that if you're talented enough, almost anything can sound good on any instrument.

I totally feel the sadness of your girlfriend. This really sucks man, I wouldn't say YDI, as you didn't know at the first place but really... FHL

ohheykiwi 2

This sounds like a terribly stupid thing to argue over.

Sounds like you were the pee-ə-nist! I bet "It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday" could have sounded awesome! :P

pretty much you need to listen to it, tell her you were wrong and it is beautiful, and you apologize. emphasize how wrong you were. really.

baaha! your life completely sucks. shame, poor girl.

I don't get why everyone's voting YDI. OP had no way of knowing what the gf had done for him and tbh, the gf should've just avoided the whole episode by telling him that she had made it and let him listen to it instead of storming out in a sulk. Hard luck OP, looks like a no win situation if your gf is so dumb that she would prefer to argue and cry rather than tell you what she'd made.

Did you miss the part where his girlfriend's a pianist? Ranting about how bad songs sound when they're played on the piano was not the right move to make here.

i totally agree with you. you're a douche.