Play 4′33″ by John Cage

By NonPianoMan - 26/08/2021 16:01

Today, after I'd told this girl I’m seeing that I play piano to impress her, it turns out her father is a pianist and has a grand piano in their house. Tonight, I’m supposed to go to her place to play her my "favorite piece." FML
I agree, your life sucks 183
You deserved it 2 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An an actual pianist/keyboardist, any sentence that begins with "I tried to impress..." is an automatic YDI for me. You sure as shit played, alright. Played yourself.

I'm sure she's your "favorite piece", and her dad would not be impressed if your played her on his grand piano.

Comments

An an actual pianist/keyboardist, any sentence that begins with "I tried to impress..." is an automatic YDI for me. You sure as shit played, alright. Played yourself.

I'm sure she's your "favorite piece", and her dad would not be impressed if your played her on his grand piano.

So.... you're expecting us to feel sorry for you because you're a lying, thirsty piece of shit?

You have two options: either come clean, or smash both of your hands with a hammer until they're horribly broken. The second option comes with the bonus that you'll have to slowly "relearn" how to play when your hands are healed. Sounds like a real opportunity for personal growth to me!

DanielaThePialinist 1

As someone who’s been playing piano for 12 years… YDI.

DanielaThePialinist 1

As someone who’s been playing piano for 12 years… YDI.