Time to move

By Anonymous - 12/09/2009 17:06 - United States

Today, I updated an e-mail I've saved to drafts and have been updating every day for the last few months to a girl I really adore. In this letter, I told her everything I ever kept from her. Instead of saving it to drafts again, I accidentally sent it. And she's online. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 629
You deserved it 51 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well_this_sucks 0

Comments

Ouch. Sucks, um...quick question....are you lesbian?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I can see why someone would see this as an FML, but on the other hand, at least she knows what your true feelings are and it's better to have that happen than never for her to know.

I don't think she ever really planned to send it, that's where the FML is

Nobody129 0

ydi. the easiest way to avoid accidentally sending someone something is not to put their address in the address bar. if the op never planned to press "send" then its her own fault.

Or she could have used Gmail. It lets you undo sending stuff for a few minutes afterwards. I can't vouch for if it really works though.

Reyo 2

Not really an FML. There are two endings to this. She rejects you, in which case you might as well stop wasting your life "adoring her" or she accepts you...and is that really a bad thing?

@127, that feature does work, but you have to manually activate it. All it does is ignore you when you click send, and instead it waits a few extra seconds/minutes before it actually does send it. A nifty feature nonetheless.

Five seconds. Which would have been five very valuable seconds, in this case.

@#127 OMG, That's an April Fools Day joke... You cannot retrieve something once it's been sent! And to the OP, You're just stupid, that's not a bad thing, If you were going to tell them how you feel, then you have done it, and if you weren't going to tell them, then your a wuss about it!

@#188 You can in Outlook, as long as the receiver hasn't 'opened' it yet. I haven't tried the Gmail feature yet though...

I highly doubt she would have sent it, at least, not for a while. Many people do this as a way of getting their feelings out. And stupidity is not the same as absent-mindedness, just so you know.

Retard right there... It's been explained right above you. Failtacular.

ryguy997 0

op, why not use a word proscesor? DOH!

no it's becuz the recever of the leter mite be str8

Yeah, I think OP accidentally grew a pair.

If I were a girl and I grew testicles, I too would be really pissed.

A pair of WHAT was not specified :) could be a pair of ovaries...

@60: I do not believe 53 is a girl. *shrugs* Whoddya figured? OP YDI. Not because you filled out the "To" address, but because you vented and kept it. And then misclicked. And obsessed for that long without telling her. Go confront her already.

Ok, what I meant was "If I were a girl WHO grew testicles", not "If I were a girl AND grew testicles." My bad. But you get the point. Dipshit above me, yes, I'm a girl. So shut the **** up, please.

She means she's seen my ******. :) JK. Thank you, pixie! I did LOL at my own writing mistake, though.

jem1991 0

there are no such things as girls on the internets

You're right. I'm just a guy with boobs. I'm sorry you had to find out this way....

the_stereotype 0

why is obsessing over whether Intoxicunt is a girl or not? the comment was funny. i laughed, intoxicunt. btw, OP, it sounds like you really her. maybe it happened for the best.

Thank you. :) I guess I'm just a fascinating individual.

Why does everybody make me laugh today? Thx for that one 106.

well_this_sucks 0
RustyShackelfurt 0

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't write fake emails to vent, then accidentally send it? I hear this happening a lot . . .

cheetahboo2010 5

To #2, you're not first lol try again next time. And to OP, maybe it's a good thing, at least your feelings are out in the open. :)

maybe it will be a good thing but then again could be bad

this could be really good or really bad. hope it's the first one.

depends on what it said... like was it creepy stuff, like "i watch you when you pee" or just a confession of love or whatever? but... yeah. honestly the whole email thing is a little weird. and definitely YDI. maybe if you're going to do something like that, be more careful? also, if you're a lesbian, does she know? and is she as well? hope it works out well for you!

I dunno, if it was so long and thought out, that's kiiinda creepy. At least, it definitely puts the reciever in awkward zone. Dunno why you did that, OP, the drafts thing. Was it like "well it feels better to write it down" thing? That's what NotePad is for, you know.

true true... kinda creepy however you spin it.

I have been reading FMLs for a while but never really felt the need to sign up... there are plenty of people as witty as me (more so I am sure) on here as is. However I just had to add that I literally busted out horse laughing at the comment about "watching you pee". I have rarely laughed that hard on FML. The funny part is i was just wondering how damning the confessions in the letter would have to be for this to be a real FML.

You, my friend, are stupid. This woman is in love, and making her feelings known and wanting them to be meaningful is not creepy, it's sweet.

I agree #13 you must not have felt love before

Why would you type it if you didn't plan to ever send it? That's just dumb.

No, it's not. It's her way of letting out how she feels without the risk of being laughed at. Think again who is dumb here. :/

Why do people write in diaries if they never intend on people seeing them? It's basically the same concept.

You're pretty damn bored if you have the desire to try and start a fight on FML. I believe on this you're allowed to state your opinion.

well_this_sucks 0

well then why not write it in a diary?

Yes, it is dumb. No, it's not a way to write down her thoughts. If this were so, she wouldn't add her to the send list. You can't accidentally add the right recipient to the send list. This FML is so ******* fake it's retarded. And if it's not fake, it's not an FML, it's a You're-*******-Stupid.

#41, I don't think this is fake at all. In fact, I have done something very similar. Sure, it was stupid to put the recipient in the "to" part, but I could definitely understand how it could happen. Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. And for the OP...that really sucks and I'm sorry. Hopefully she'll understand. If she is worth it, she will. Good luck.

Let's off steam a little. you can say things you don't have the confidence to actually say to the person. its almost therapeutic to do. You should try it sometime