Tailor Swift

By Anonymous - 03/09/2009 17:05 - United Kingdom

Today, I awakened from my peaceful slumber in a great mood. I walked into my closet, ready to pick out an outfit for the day, to find my two year old daughter, kneeling on the floor with a pair of scissors in her hand, cutting up my wedding dress - my wedding is tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 893
You deserved it 14 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CraziOne 0

Where would you put scissors that a two year old can get them?

brrrx 0

What kind of mother are you leaving scissors sharp enough to cut a wedding dress within reach of your 2 year old!? Not to mention...where the hell was the garment bag?

Comments

Shenanigans, I call them. Unlikely a two-year old would be dextrous enough to do this. As to her birth prior to your marriage, any number of commendable explanations exist: Perhaps you lost her father in service to his country or community in the military or as a first-responder, and you are now responsibly seeing that your loss does not deprive your daughter of a male role model. Or, if she was conceived outside marriage, you may have endured a difficult time following the laudable decision to choose life, and have finally succeeded in finding a man who is willing to step in and join you as parent to a child that is not his. Sadly a lot of times what happens is that a woman gets pregnant and the father is slow to step in, yet two or three years later the mother marries the already demonstrably irresponsible baby daddy. If so in this case, we can look forward to many FMLs from you in the future because what happened the day before your wedding cannot begin to measure up to the mistake you made the day of the wedding.

I used to work in a preschool with two year olds, and I can assure you that they are quite dexterous enough to cut up all sorts of things, including fabric.

#58 Wow, you never saw a child before. FYI, my parents still have all the paintings I did back when I was 2 years old (NOT fingerpainting, everything normal with adult's materials, brushes, mixing paint and all), so I can tell you kids are perfectly able to cut stuff, paint things, etc etc. by that age.

Same here, KittenMarlowe. I worked in a classroom with sixteen (sometimes twenty-one) two-year-olds. They ripped things off the walls, snapped toys in half, and ripped books apart. One of them used the snot in his nose as a dipping sauce for his chicken finger. The same kid pooped in his diaper and then smeared it all over the walls. Still, two-year-olds are adorable. I also worked with one-year-olds at one point - I will never do that again, it was horrible. Some things are just beyond control.

Not to mention 2 year olds can escape a lot of things (play pens, cribs), and get in seemingly hard to reach places by just stacking things and climbing them. So to the people saying she's a bad parent aren't giving the kid enough credit. Kids are smart and sneaky.

21? Were you by yourself? The most I had at once by myself was 14. 21 would be _nuts_. My two year olds weren't two bad with destroying things, but they did like to swear a lot. My favorite went something like this: Me: "Time to go pick up your toys." Little girl: "No." Me: "You'd better." Little girl, with her fists on her hips: "What you gonna do about it, bitch?" She was my favorite.

Hahaha, wow. Cursing at 2, she's off to a good start =P No, I was the assistant teacher, but legally at this daycare you're only allowed to have 8-9 by yourself. But the daycare I worked at was really screwed up and put an overload of kids on us. They also would bring in teachers who had quit and have them work a day when we needed help, and pay them under the table :o It was ridiculous. One teacher even hit a 3-year-old upside his head, and he told one of the mothers, who told the director. The teacher wasn't even fired. This same teacher went on an insane rampage and started hurling toys at the kids and had to take a sanity leave. Was she fired for that either? Nope. And the one-year-olds' teacher rubbed diaper cream for a ridiculously long time on a little boy's thing until he got a boner, or so my lead teacher said...the one-year-olds' teacher was at least 50, wore bright pink and green eyeshadow, had extremely long blonde hair always in a ponytail, lived with her 80-year-old parents and 40-year-old brother, and had a picture of herself carrying a HORSE on her wall. Like I said, that daycare was screwed up. I'm glad I'm not there anymore, though I do miss the kids.

I'm thinking she doesn't like the guy you're going to marry. She's trying to let you know.

If this is true, I can't help but think that the poster is the worst parent on the planet. You left scissors in reach of your two year old child, and were only concerned about the well being of your wedding dress?! How about the safety of your daughter?

mushrooms_fml 0

I hope you get pregnant before you get married, lovely_12. The irony would be hilarious.

That's why you don't leave little kids with nobody to watch them. You got off cheap. She could have got hold of a lighter and burned up the bed with your sleeping ass in it. YDI

I think crushing injuries are in there somewhere--maybe by 7 when they can release the emergency brake on the SUV.

XxCoolPersonxX 0

she's TWO and can CUT with SICCORS?lol jeeze you kinda deserve this for not watching her in the fist place she couldve cut herself

kittengrl39 0

And you're how old and you can't spell 'scissors' correctly? When it's even spelled correctly in the FML?

Inked2009 0

Loads of you are complete IDIOTS, who cares if she has a 2 year old you have no idea who she had it with,and in what situation. Little kid are NOT stupid they know how to get into things they are not supposed to. I HIGHLY doubt this mother had the scissors out in plain site.

YDI for having a child before you were married.

Eresbel 0

What's really the issue at hand is that your kid REALLY doesn't want you to get married.

Uh you deserve it for already having a 2 year old daughter And for letting her into your closet

Omg you people are so ******* retarded! 1st of all 2 year olds are NOT stupid! Plenty of 2 year olds find scissors and cut their hair or anything really. 2nd, who the hell watches their toddlers when they are sleeping? My daughter used to always get out of her crib early in the morning around 4:00. Its not that uncommon. ~Anyways OP: FYL!