Home improvement

By ... - 27/07/2014 05:51 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found my 6 year-old daughter upstairs, lying on the floor with scissors. She was giving, "the carpet a haircut." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 301
You deserved it 5 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've seen kids do things like that haha, just explain to her that carpets don't have grooming needs

Comments

I see a future special ed kid. (I know; let the down votes come)

So then why would you write something so disrespectful? The kid didn't know any better, and even though you did, you wrote that?

When I was 6, I was capable of doing multiplication & division and I had a vocabulary of 30,000 words; I was called "above average". A 6 year old "giving a carpet a haircut" is most likely an "average" 6 year old.

#56 would you like a cookie to go with your special snowflake award? And it's extremely rude to call someone else's child below average or say they belong in special ed especially for something like that. For goodness sake she's six! Of course she'll do stupid shit every now and then because that's what kids do. It's the parent's job to tell kids which stupid shit is okay to do and which isn't. To say that she must be stupid shows that you have very little experience with kids and you're extremely judgemental

#56 likes to comment about how she special she is for her age. Too mature for a movie despite being 13, so much vocabulary at 6. Don't you realize you're getting the wrong attention for that?

iLike2Teabag 27

#56 claims to be some sort of genius, yet does not know that "would of" is wrong. (See 1st comment thread on previous FML). Impressive.

To #56 There's no need to brag about your IQ. No one asked

"Average" people usually start stupid then get smarter as they grow up. Apparently #56 had it the other way around.

milk_cookies83 5

#56, How the hell do you know how large your vocabulary is?

I've seen kids do things like that haha, just explain to her that carpets don't have grooming needs

When I was a kid I put a whole bottle of shampoo in our carpet. I thought it looked lovely, however my parents did not.

nh hum bachpan m aisay chotia nahi thay..

I decides it would be a good idea to iron the carpet, at a rental house. Lovely little black spot was left over haha.

When I was little I decided to play with clay on the ground and got it all stuck to the carpet. My parents weren't very happy about it.

... When I was little, I did the same thing as the girl in the FML...

jthmtwin 16

I tried every attempt at killing my hold fish when I was about 5. Not on purpose though, I simply tried to shampoo and condition it and put lotion on after like my mom did me.

poor carpet didn't even have a chance, but she's 6, shouldn't she know better?

No. She's six. Six year olds are not known for their clear thinking and logical choices.

nellbell414 13

I remember doing this when I was that age, she's just a kid

she's six. not 2. she should know better. usually parents teach their kids what is right and wrong. I don't know any kids who do this when they're that old.

not true a lot of 6 year olds aren't told to not cut the carpet... or cut there dolls hair because they think it grows back... you just expect to much from children I feel as though u would be a worse parent than the little girls parents

HammyBear13 8

36, I really hope you don't have kids. This is perfectly normal behavior for a 6year old. You need a lesson on children.

seriously? it's about rules and right and wrong. for those saying that they don't know better because they are children, well I feel sorry for you. I don't care, it's all opinion anyway.

You don't seem to get it. Six year olds will do stupid things. That's how they learn a lot of the time. Also, most of the time as a parent/guardian you can't predict what your kids are going to do so you can only make a rule about something or tell them it's wrong to do it AFTER they've already done it. You seem to have really unrealistic expectations of parents and kids so you must not have much experience with young children.

I have plenty of kid experience, and I know that I don't know any 6 year old that cut up carpet. then again, with kids in the house people usually put up things, if not being supervised. that's why you don't leave shit like that laying around.

nevergiveinever 19

you can't put up a carpet. and not every six year old is the same. this also has probably happened to kids older and younger than six. some kids, despite age, like to cut things because being young, they think it will regrow like their own hair. after learning that this is not the case or being scolded by their parents, they normally do not do it again. it has nothing to do with being a specific age, kids are kids and will make mistakes until they are told that it is wrong.

jthmtwin 16

It is not a matter of placing things out of reach. My mother tried very hard with me but I took things I liked and hid them very very well. I took scissors to my hair the scissors that had been missing for at least three months. And just because they don't understand how things like that work doesn't make them not clever. Many things adults do not see as tools are tools to young children

When I was her age I asked for a "blanket I could brush" for Christmas. Try getting her a fuzzy blanket.

martin8337 35

Perhaps she overheard talk about shaving/cutting carpet.

your kid is concerned about hygiene :) way to go!

@6 getting haircuts isn't really a hygiene thing ...

#6 likes to comment about how she special she is for her age. Too mature for a movie despite being 13, so much vocabulary at 6. Don't you realize you're getting the wrong attention for that?

Uh #69, you then said exactly the same thing about #56 who is a different person, who are you actually talking about?

Inediblepeaches 15

guys, carpet is another term for pubic hair. "does the carpet match the drapes?"

Oh that's horrible! She didn't give the carpet a complimentary lolli pop did she? Smh.

Better the carpet than a person's hair.

People hair grows back, though. Carpet fibers do not.

I think every girl has attempted to cut hair.

Well, maybe the carpet decided it was time for a trim.

At least she wasn't giving herself a haircut.

hair grows back, carpet doesnt. i say cutting the carpets hair is far worse than cutting her own hair.

hair grows back, carpet doesnt. i say cutting the carpets hair is far worse than cutting her own hair.

hair grows back, carpet doesnt. i say cutting the carpets hair is far worse than cutting her own hair.

hair grows back, carpet doesnt. i say cutting the carpets hair is far worse than cutting her own hair.

#15, 16, 17 and 18 I hear speech therapy can help with a stutter...