By Meaghan - 12/02/2013 17:41 - United States - North Myrtle Beach

Today, my maid of honor, who offered to take care of my wedding dress before the D-Day, left it near her open window during heavy rain. My dress is now ruined, and she's backed out due to stress. I'm supposed to be getting married tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 212
You deserved it 3 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry, my wife was sick on our wedding day. She was in the bathroom for more then half the reception. And it was still a great day.

perdix 29

D-Day is June 6, so you should have plenty of time to dry out the dress and get someone else to be you maid of honor.

Comments

Don't worry, my wife was sick on our wedding day. She was in the bathroom for more then half the reception. And it was still a great day.

fylx100 19

On my sister's wedding day, I was the seashell girl (it was at a beach so I was kinda like a flower girl) and I hardly threw any seashells because I liked them. Then I started picking the ones I threw afterwards because I was young. And one of my brothers accidentally deleted video footage of the kiss. And we were all late to the wedding so things weren't exactly perfect lol but my sister said she still had an amazing day and she just laughs at all the flaws. So OP, don't worry about having a "perfect" wedding, just marry who you love, have good memories to laugh at, have fun, and Congrats! :)

tjv3 10

Umm it probably is a bad sign OP that you refer to your wedding day as D day. And it is probably a sign that your dress got ruined. I would run for the hills

spekledworf 18

Well on my parents wedding day, my father had food poisoning, had to bail his best man out of jail the morning of, and his brother showed up already drunk. I don't think anyone has a perfect wedding

I spent $15 on a beautiful dress I loved, over $300 in a cake I loved. The cake fell during delivery and the baker was supposed to fix/replace it but choose not to BC she was at a baby shower. Most of my family didn't show, my husband was late to rehearsal from work, and his phone was off. But it was one of my happiest days. Oh, and I had horrible morning sickness from the baby I didn't know I was pregnant with!

with all due respect, that really doesnt sound all that happy to me :/

We just look back at the day and laugh now.

i was referring to the comment above me, but im glad you enjoyed your day :)

@#1, I know you're trying to help by sharing your own situation, but your wife being sick during the reception on her wedding day really isn't the same as having a ****** up wedding dress the day before the wedding. Two totally different things...

#114 The dress doesn't really matter and the bride will get over it. I guarantee you she will laugh at it in the future. Life is to short to sweat the small stuff.

perdix 29

D-Day is June 6, so you should have plenty of time to dry out the dress and get someone else to be you maid of honor.

Shrouds 14

Got my helmet and rifle, im ready to go General

SC? Myrtle Beach bikini wedding! Quit whining!

Umm not with the rain and low temps we've been having! I live just south of Myrtle Beach and it is not beach weather or bikini weather!

Thank you socials class! For once I feel Smart knowing the reference

NINJAKITTY12345 11

Let me call my Great-Grandfather, he survived this once already!

Its nice to have friends that you can rely on! Jk

Could have been decent with the "jk". *Freddie mercury- "So Close"*

musicalducky 21

I'm sure it will be fine, OP. Our greatest talents shine through when everything seems to be going wrong.

Such as Op's hidden talent to sew an entire wedding dress in less than a day?

Mehhh, here, everything seems to go wrong and I've never read a follow up about the OP suddenly finding its talent.

wlddog 14

Now that is a hidden talent worth finding. She could become rich.

There are wedding dress stores that let you buy off the rack. You won't be able to get the same exact one probably but you can get one quickly.

#73, wedding dresses are really expensive, especially good ones. it could be that OP just doesn't have the money for another one.

You must have another close friend or family member who's going, but it stinks they just quit like that

How is the dress ruined? Do you own a hairdryer? If yes, you can probably fix the dress.

KiddNYC1O 20

No. Besides, I'm sure dirt seeped its way into the dress from the window.

#6, wedding dresses are often made out of dry-clean-only fabric and typically get ugly blotches and/or texture changes even just from water, let alone whatever else might've been in the rain water. OP, I'm guessing it's too late by the time you see this (or perhaps by the time you made your post), but I'd call all your local dry cleaners, explain your predicament, and see whether any of them can do anything at all for the dress in time. If they can't, call the shop where you bought it (or any others in the vicinity) and see if they'd have time to do an emergency-quick alteration for you on whatever they have in stock that you can see yourself wearing, or call all of your local theatres and see whether any have a wedding dress on hand you could rent for the day. Or get married in your favorite "regular" dress, no matter that it's not a traditional wedding one -- you'll have great stories to tell later! And congratulations on your wedding!

I dunno, I saved a white wedding dress from a similar predicament (fell in a puddle), barely three hours before the wedding, using a sponge and a hairdryer. Where there's a will, there's a way.

See if you can quickly find a rental dress in your size? And i hope u have fun , that is all that matters

I don't think I would've understood your sentence without that full-stop, thank goodness you put it in for my comprehension

I'm slightly baffled as to the (at least) two people who thumbs'd-up some terminal punctuation.

asnakelovinbabe 16

43... I am slightly baffled at how you managed to type that out with your hooves

No, the marriage is what's important. Don't put too much importance on the wedding.

laya_fml 26

I don't think shit is that unfortunate.

Yessi_Boo 14

Hopefully the dry cleaner can fix it :) if anything, EMERGENCY trip to a bridal boutique and buy a nice sample, if they fix it in time, perfect! If not, you have a back up!

perdix 29

Rain ruined your dress? What was it made of -- leather? Kinky!

I'm pretty sure that if I would put my wardrobe outside in the pouring rain, a large part of it would be ruined.

perdix 29

#29, Alright, alright, alright! You are my kinda girl! Why don't you come over to my house, I just bought a fresh roll of masking tape, er, I mean, duct tape . . . wait, let me double-check.

-gimp suit.- I'm ready, where's this party at?

Okay Perdix, I should've seen that one coming, I probably should've mentioned that I don't own leather, but some clothes just can't handle rain. Ah well, if you do decide to kidnap me, I suggest you use masking tape :)