Stumped

By uneek14 - 23/06/2009 14:19 - Canada

Today, while reading some chemistry notes, I came across the term "solid water". Completely stumped, I asked myself, "What the hell is solid water?" Then I heard my little cousin say, "Ice." I'm a 4th year science major in university. He still checks the closet for monsters. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 802
You deserved it 84 664

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's okay, when you study so much you can have stupid lapses like that.

It happens. You don't really realize what some things are at first, even if it should be obvious.

Comments

Take it easy pal.... it happens... :)

are you sure it wasn't hard water? cuz hard water isn't ice... then i would understand. but solid water? wow.

jethockey 0

Everyone that says it happens is right, because it happened to me this morning!! I was studying for a test i had tomorrow, and on the pre-test it said: what is one sex cell. I was so busy studying, that i accidentally shouted, "WTF? HOW can we have a sex cell if we have red and white blood cells?" Then, I got to thinking and remembered.

princesskitten 0

That made no sense whatsoever. Blood cells and sex cells have nothing to do with each other.

freddie_fml 0

Please don't go into medical research when you graduate. We need smart people to do that.

LOL, we used to do that to the no0bs where I used to work, we ask them to go to the butchers counter and ask for a bucket of evaporated water or solid water. Most got it after the butcher would laugh, there was one girl though, she called him a dumb ass and then went to the boss to complain. He had to explain it to her! Rofl

So you had a brain fart. Whatever. Happens to everyone.

Don't worry about it, that happens to everyone. Solid water being ice would be much more obvious to a young kid than to someone doing studies as advanced as you, since something as simple as ice wouldn't be the first thing you'd think of.

I really think you should have put two and two together... (2+2+4) however, the term "Solid water" isn't used a lot, and there is a reason for that... The reason being the term "solid water" has a name... It's call "ice" so whatever book that was in should think revising it... It is technically correct, but due to the language a little misleading... that said, you should have figured it out before your little relative.

Kids usually get overly simple questions like this a whole lot faster than adults or teenagers. The older you get, the more info you have stored in your brain and more often than not, your brain overthinks it and overlooks the simple. It's normal.

lol you had a moment...happens to the best of us :P