By idiot - 24/01/2013 19:53 - Australia - Newcastle

Today, I took a swig of lemonade from my cup, only to feel something hard in my mouth. Thinking it was a roach or something, I freaked out and spat out the drink. I doused my laptop and soaked myself in the process, only to find out it was a small ice-cube. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 563
You deserved it 40 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sillydeadperson 17

Jesus, I hope the computer's alright (or not expensive). Why would you think it was a roach if you didn't feel any legs or squirming?

I completely understand your reaction. Most men don't like hard things near their mouths. Wait, what?

Comments

_Burnett89 9

I hear they have good protein lol

They do have good protein. They carry the protein around in large barrels waiting to be gobbled up.

Sillydeadperson 17

Jesus, I hope the computer's alright (or not expensive). Why would you think it was a roach if you didn't feel any legs or squirming?

I think the fact there was an unwanted object in his mouth made him consider what it was. Most likely, and unfortunately, I'd say his mind went worst-case scenario

At least they didn't think it was an ice cube and it ended up being a roach, right?

My laptop is like a child to me. Even though it was not expensive, it has all my games, software, anime, cosplay photos etc. Some people cannot cope without their computer. I hope OP didn't have important information, and/ or stuff that is hard to replace on their computer.

45 - I tried them once, they don't taste nearly as good as the roach-shaped ones though

I would have probably had the same reaction, but I would have tried to aim for the floor , i hope your laptop still works :/.

You would've assumed you just drank a roach too?

I'm pretty sure she is only meaning if she thought a roach was in her mouth her reaction of spitting it out would be the same, not that she thinks she would mistake an ice cube for a roach.

Why right on the laptop? Off to the side would have worked

Or back in the cup. If there's a roach in it, you probably wouldn't want the rest of the drink anyways.

Wasn't the fact it was cold a clue it wasn't a bug?

That would require some measurable amount of common sense on OP's part.

Yeah, lol who feels something in their mouth and automatically thinks "cockroach!"

Could you not tell by the icy nature of an ice cube??

I completely understand your reaction. Most men don't like hard things near their mouths. Wait, what?

So.... then if OP was a woman, would they've swallowed? :o

Do you like hard things near your mouth Doc?

Did you not remember putting ice in your drink? Granted we've all had stupid moments but this is pretty retarded

Same way you forget to turn on the oven?