Strung out

By bdjsbskl - 07/10/2011 05:55 - Canada

Today, I was at work as a cashier. An old lady unbagged everything I had, and angrily "taught" me how to bag. She put potatoes on her eggs and broke them. She then screamed that I was useless and retarded in front of all my other customers and manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 666
You deserved it 2 375

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cyns0_oaSailor 0

Thats when you know they're too old and need to be put down. It's wayy past her time.

Comments

Anyway she has not much time left before she will be called home by the lord. So let her be.

I wouldn't doubt that the manager just stood there and said nothing to this rude customer who was clearly in the wrong. And God forbid you yourself should say anything!

jaredofmo 22

Do nothing but sit back and take it. As you say, your manager was present to see she ruined her eggs herself, so you're not in trouble. Or shouldn't be. So someone makes a scene. I worked as a bagger once and we had so many people make a scene because we had to ask for ID or couldn't do something they wanted. At least you didn't get asked to throw away a lobster tail and when you asked what was wrong with it, you were told some guy had it in his pants.

I'm a cashier at a grocery store too. I haven't dealt with anything that bad (seriously, what you went through sucks!), but I have had some pretty unreasonable customers. One lady complained that I was using too many bags (we have to follow certain rules, like bagging the bread either with other breads or by itself, bagging frozen with frozen, bagging the meat by itself, and bagging cleaning products with other cleaning products or by themselves). Following those rules exactly can create a lot of bags, yes, but it's better than being busted by management for failing to follow those rules. Anyway, the aforementioned lady complained about my bagging skills and started re-bagging everything (quite hazardously in my opinion, but whatever floats her boat).

I feel so bad for you! I had a customer like that, except she made me unpack and repack everything instead of doing it herself. And the whole time she was muttering about how useless I was and how she was wasting her time here. Some people are just assholes.

hateevryone 14

ugh. i hate old people that have a funky attitude.