Strung out

By bdjsbskl - 07/10/2011 05:55 - Canada

Today, I was at work as a cashier. An old lady unbagged everything I had, and angrily "taught" me how to bag. She put potatoes on her eggs and broke them. She then screamed that I was useless and retarded in front of all my other customers and manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 666
You deserved it 2 375

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cyns0_oaSailor 0

Thats when you know they're too old and need to be put down. It's wayy past her time.

Comments

At least she didn't bust a gallon of water, she may have melted if it hit her..

iPoopChickens 0

Wow what a bitch she is. You don't deserve it but your deffinately a trooper for taking it.

wriptidez 0

shes just mean! sorry u had a bad day ?

Once again, you gotta love the public. Next time inform her that if she doesn't like your bagging, she is welcome to do it herself. Potatoes on eggs & all (: Make sure to put that last sentence in there too.

There are many customers who can't distinguish between stupidity and their rights. She probably had a bad day and let off steam on you. Don't worry about it. Hope the rest of your day is better.

Flocka_23 14

She was angry because you are supposed to put food with food. I see so many cashiers put household chemicals in the same bags as food. You are also supposed to put frozen foods together, refrigerated foods together, etc. I get quietly pissed everytime I go shopping anymore. No one follows bagging rules anymore.

You could always go to self check out,if you are that upset

jekyllf 13

When I worked as a cashier for a few months, I generally stuck to those rules. I would periodically put refrigerated and frozen stuff together if there wasn't enough of each for a bag on its own. My personal pet peeves when I see people bagging my stuff: 1) Putting chemicals with any food products where the chemical could potentially contaminate the food product (canned goods I don't worry about), 2) Putting raw meat along side or on top of such goods. If you are going to put raw meat in with other products, make sure it is double wrapped and placed at the bottom of said bag. 3) With few exceptions, bread goes only with other bread products or on top of other goods.

shrdlu 28

I hadn't realized it before, but the supermarket I usually shop at actually does follow those rules when bagging. Strange coincidence: last night, before reading this FML, I had a dream/nightmare about being back at the retail job (non-food) I had in '83-'85, and having to deal simultaneously with more customers than I could handle, mostly unpleasant ones. I can empathize with anyone who's worked retail.

ReynshineCutting 10

Baggers today are HORRIBLE! There are still some that follow the rules, but most ignore them. Raw chicken goes by itself. Period. Not with raw steaks or anything else. By itself. Not double bagged with other stuff. By. Itself. And I hate when they bag cleaning stuff with food too. Drives me nuts. I don't know if they're just dumb or what. I do know that at the store by my house there are a few mentally handicapped people, but regardless they should still do their job right. If they don't have the mental capacity to do it they shouldn't have the job.

88- (and anyone with similar opinions) if you're that fussy about it, you have to either tell the cashier before they bag stuff, or just do it yourself. Yes, they train us to keep like items together, but they also tell us to put about 8 items in every bag. So it's not always going to work out perfectly. And many people don't care about meat or cleaning stuff touching other items, they prefer 3 full bags to 6 half full bags where everything is separated. It's all a matter of preference, and ultimately, the only "correct" way to bag stuff is to do it the way each individual customer wants. But you have to TELL us!!

punkin_26 16

#47- I like how you assume OP was bagging bleach with bread on top of steak.

#47 I do! I follow bagging rules to the exact letter and everyone gets pissed at me for doing it because I "use too many bags."

She can't do that. Surely there's something you can sue her for.

fricknugget 3

**** OLD PEOPLE. shit i've seen so much fmls about retarded oldies

perdix 29

Tell her she can't have a new container to pack up her purchases, she'll have to use the "old bag."