Sentenced

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Orlando

Today, I realized I can't wait until my daughter moves out the house when she is 18. She's eight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 250
You deserved it 29 273

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Calm down, she's just 8. Once she does move out you'll probably wish she was back. Let's hope she doesn't see her about this FML when she IS 18.

Cherish the moments you have with her when she gets older she could want nothing to do with you

Comments

This is probably the stupidest fml I have ever read

You. Suck. That was my first thought when I read this. Then I thought about it more...yeah, you still suck. My daughter is about the same age, and I want nothing more than for her to stay with me forever.

My daughter is still a toddler, but I agree. I can't imagine life without her. My only looking forward to her growing up is being a part of it and getting to enjoy things I see my parents enjoying with me.

TrinityisLife 22

lol, you haven't even reached the teenage drama years yet.

I was thinking the same thing.. But I didn't want to push the OP over the edge.. Lol

You say that now, but when she moves out, you will miss her, OP. I'm sure whatever she's doing is just a phase anyway. Patients is always the key.

I'm 18 and haven't moved out yet. Sorry, but just because someone turns 18, it doesn't mean they will move out on the very first day. I don't know why people think that way.

perdix 29

It's so sad that you feel that way. I'm bracing for the day when my daughter leaves and I think I will be falling into a depression then. And my D-Day is much closer than yours.

Well, I suggest you plan to do a damn good job parenting for the next ten years to make sure she's as self reliant and independent as possible, otherwise you're going to be stuck with her forever! I left home when I was 21 and to this day, if I wanted to move back home, my parents would accept me with open arms. It's kinda sad you raised a child you can't stand to be around.

JMichael 25

You'll miss her when she's gone OP. My mom spent the better part of my life telling me she couldn't wait to have us kids moved out so she can have some time to herself. Now that we're gone she's always bored and not knowing what to do. My dad works a lot so that doesn't help matters. She's lonely.