Sentenced

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Orlando

Today, I realized I can't wait until my daughter moves out the house when she is 18. She's eight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 252
You deserved it 29 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Calm down, she's just 8. Once she does move out you'll probably wish she was back. Let's hope she doesn't see her about this FML when she IS 18.

Cherish the moments you have with her when she gets older she could want nothing to do with you

Comments

I feel so sorry for your daughter. If you're planning on spending the next ten years counting down until you can kick her out, you must be a terrible mother.

You really do suck !! I wish I could turn back time and have my daughter be eight again , she's now 18 and won't speak to me and neither will my 22 year old son - he hasn't spoken to me since he was 14 - and they never even took the time to see me during my three battles with Cancer . So enjoy the time with your kids because one day you may wish you could have it back again.

SuperMew 22

What did you do to them that they will not speak with you? I am sorry you went through cancer alone, but children do not usually abandon their parents and never speak to them unless the parent was really... well shitty.

Nope it wasn't me that was the shitty parent - it was my ex who taught the kids they didn't need a father , no real reason for them to stop talking to me - I always sent them gifts , took them places and payed support on time , it's just one of those things that happens when an ex is bitter about a divorce.

SuperMew 22

Ah, that is harsh. Sorry that happened to you.

nachosbabygurl 9

eight years down only ten to go

I feel a lot of the "cherish your child" comments could only come from people who have no kids. I'm sure you love your child to pieces, but I'm sure you're already looking at out of state colleges. Kids can suck the life out of you.

I have 3 kids 8-19. 30+ nieces and nephews and 8 brothers and 7 sisters. My kids don't suck the life out of me. My nieces and nephews don't suck the life out of me... It's called parenting. When you live your life wishing you were free of responsibility... Then kids become a burden and suck the life out of you. Smh

That's asinine. I'm a mother too. I love my son to pieces & I only want the best for him, but I also look forward to a day that I can wake up on my own terms & do what I want. After years of taking care of someone else, parents DESERVE a break & we can look forward to it. If you want your kids up your ass until you die, that's you & you have to realize not everyone feels the same. & it mostly is childless people saying you should love your child uncondtionally. Okay, you listen to a toddler scream at you for hours for absolutely no reason & then tell me how precious those moments are... -_-

Maybe if you wanted to live life on your own terms you shouldn't have had kids. All these parents complaining about how hard it is to be a parent, just remember you most likely chose that for yourself. When you make such a decision you shouldn't get to complain about it no matter how hard it is. If you didn't anticipate that your wants and needs would be put on the back burner by your children for 18+ years you shouldn't have had any.

I agree with Alicestraza, people for the most part have a choice in having a kid. I don't have kids, but I am someone's daughter. I'm glad a lot of you people aren't my parents. Parenting comes with a territory, if you don't like staying up with a wailing infant, that was your choice, don't blame the kid. No one expects parenting to be a cake walk, but some of you sound resentful. If you hate staying up at night with a crying kid, or putting up with their antics until they are old enough to be responsible for their own actions, don't have kids. Plain and simple. Parents of course deserve a break every so often, but it's more than a full time job. You are raising a human being, keep in mind how much they absorb from you.

If you have relationship issues with your 8 year old daughter, it's safe to say your to blame. I look forward to every minute I spend with my kids. Do they sap my freedom? Hell yeah. But 18 years of my life is a small sacrifice to enjoy watching them grow up.

Boodog1975 2

That isn't a fml for you - it is an fml for your poor daughter.

It's obvious the childless people don't understand. I'm pregnant with number two & my son is only 3. I've got 18 more years....lol. I know that feel, OP.

Please do your children a favour and show that comment to them when they're old enough to comprehend it. I'm sure they'll love to know their mother can't wait to boot them out of the house as soon as possible.

Why do you have kids if you just want them out? Please explain the logic, "who10nanny". I am a childless person, who you claim couldn't understand, so I would like you to explain why you make kids if you immediately want them gone. I understand that at some point a parent would want their kids to be independent and successful when they grow older. I understand planning for their future like saving up for their college, but you're pregnant and you have a three year old and you already want them gone. We get it, raising a human being is difficult, but did you not understand that when you had kids?