Say Anything 2: Electric Boogaloo

By Anonymous - 09/12/2010 06:00

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend. He then told me that he will love me forever, wait for me and will follow me to the ends of the earth. Apparently, that means standing outside my door and calling my house phone every five minutes. It's been 3 hours straight now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 214
You deserved it 8 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Norma11009 0
catastrophicsock 0

The problem here (hear me out) is that we don't know enough. Are they teenagers? Teenagers act irrationally to breakups quite often, in which case, get your dad to go scare the shit out of him. How long were they together? Long relationships I think say something. I mean that in the sense of be patient, explain to him you'd be more willing to talk to him or consider the option of getting back together (of course, no promises) if he'd back off. Did he know you were uphappy prior? If not, this is HUGE shock to him (been there, done that). In which case, explain your POV and ask him to give you space. Now, assuming you guys weren't together very long or he knew what was going on, yeah, call the police. And @Bees: Dumping=breaking up. You never should have to stuck in a relationship and you are never obligated to handle a breakup in a manner that you don't want. If you are with someone and they make you severely unhappy, you have every right to "dump" them.

chobitschibi1369 0

I know how you feel. But they only have things explaining getting rid of clingy girls. We need something for the rare clingy guys.

TeaLover_fml 0

Change your number and get a restraining order against him.

@bee: no longer being into someone isn't a legitimate reason to break up? so you're saying she should stay with a man she doesn't love because it's not a good excuse? i'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard someone say. you do not stay with someone in an intimate relationship that you do not love. if you are married and have young children, and still get along well even if you aren't in love anymore, then i can understand staying together until the children are old enough to have an explanation. but when you are dating someone, the best option is to break it off. especially when this young man obviously feels more strongly than she does. she would only be hurting them both in the long run. OP, i'd keep an eye on your ex. that's sort of starting down the road to being a stalker. if his behavior becomes more uncomfortable than just annoying, you need to do something about it right away. for now, you need to talk to him and explain that you're just friends now (and if not friends, then tell him so) and he needs to accept it.

sounds like that boyfriend treated you well and was willing to do anything. You shouldn't have dumped him you selfish bitch

sxcthaigirl 6

Well he seems like a good guy. Give 'em another chance because he is in fact being very sweet. Or keep shrugging him off:/ your choice.

starberries 0

That is not sweet. That is crazy.

134 - Are you nuts?! So, I take it from all this, you're into stalkers... To each their own, I guess.

DakotaCat 4

Something tells me you broke up with him for a petty reason like the bitch you are.. But that's just me and my crazy thoughts.

starberries 0

Something tells me you're a pathetic loser like her ex-boyfriend.

And you haven't called the cops (or at least one of his friends to reason with him) because...?