Medication shutdown

By Anonymous - 29/09/2011 09:46 - United States

Spicy
Today, I realized that due to my anti-depressants, I can no longer orgasm. At. All. Which depresses me more. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 905
You deserved it 4 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Exercise and orgasms>antidepressants in a lot of cases

Comments

monnanon 13

newsflash: if your "depression" can be completely fixed by excersise, sex or a positive outlook then you are not depressed. You think people would take medicine that nasty if the answer was that simple?

fthislyfe 22

I totally agree! Real depression is not that easy to handle

hero93 6

depressed as in the mood: yes that will help it. depressed as in diagnosed clinic depression: no, exercise won't cure it, but it could possibly make you feel better for a short amount of time when the endorphins get going.

If your clinically depressed: NNNOOOOO!!!! BTW, I just love how you typed "depression", bet your one of those people who think that depressed and suicidal people are attention *****'s...

monnanon 13

no the depression in qoutes was for those who claim to have clinical depression that was cured in the ways mentioned above. People who are truly depressed are far from attention ****** they are more likely to be introverted to be honest.

Sorry, late reply. Again sorry, it was after I read a suicide fml, so many hateful comments... I assumed like a jackass...

Petunia888 13

Actually, you'd be surprised. Lots of people seem to want to avoid being healthy like it's the plague or something. People may complain about taking meds, but it seems like people would rather take meds than do the other crucial actions required. Of course, if you are clinically depressed, then you probably should take meds; just be aware that only taking meds is not the solution; it takes more than just a pill.

monnanon 13

Yes i am aware of that but no amount of excersise or good food will change the chemical imbalances in the brain nor is there any guarantee that being healthy will help in any way at all. it isn't just fat people that get depression you know.

If u r clinically depressed, u wouldn't even desire any social interactions let alone sex. I'm assuming in ur case u are mildly depressed which u can probably help by just exercising and with general counseling. Id stop taking the meds.

That's not technically true it different for different people including the want to have sex or not...

ej74 2

This FML just makes me sad. Please go have an ****** and stop taking those pills!

perdix 29

Sorry, had to move this. Feel free to delete.

perdix 29

#6. Good one! That caught me by surprise -- the essence of comedy.

Just try a different brand. Im sure you'll find the right one for you.

I would never take meds for depression >,>

monnanon 13

Then you have never been clinically depressed. People dont seem to get that depression isn't that funk where you cant get out of bed one morning but after a morning run and a chocolate bar you feel better. Depression doesnt always show itself as sadness either it can be agitation, anger, anything. When it comes to clinical depression there is no choice whether or not to take the meds cuase you need them that badly.

mona_is_here 10

I had the same problem, OP. Personally, I think it's no big deal, there are things much worse and frustrating in life. Firstly, your problem is solvable. As soon as you get off the meds, everything will get back to normal. Secondly, while you're getting treatment, well, what can I say, find another sources of joy, life is not all about sex.

mona_is_here 10

#56, then you've never been diagnosed with clinical depression. Consider yourself lucky.