Medication shutdown

By Anonymous - 29/09/2011 09:46 - United States

Spicy
Today, I realized that due to my anti-depressants, I can no longer orgasm. At. All. Which depresses me more. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 905
You deserved it 4 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Exercise and orgasms>antidepressants in a lot of cases

Comments

I totally feel ur pain, I have had this problem b4. It sucks V_V

Damn.... I'd be glad to try and help you. (:

ikickgingers 15

Only slightly. The captain however brings one closer to god.

I heard extasy makes for the best orgasms

ShroomsOnAcid 16

21 They're often quite literally too powerful to handle, so it's not very practical. For a while after it can also make everything feel boring in comparison.

YDI for ending your sentences. Like. This. Which is lame. Separating single words is the worst.

Also, it's stupid to emphasize words that already mean "0". TheLetterZero, gladly pointing out flaws that make FML's worse.

Dude, who the **** are you? Snickerdoodles?!

How does she deserve this medical condition over how she wrote the god damn fml?

Vodka+redbull/jäeger+redbull=anti everything.has a possibility of getting laid as well. If it doesnt work,go to the doc

Because drinking high amounts of alcohol while taking anti-depressants cures everything. :V

Not really. When I get drunk off vodka, I tend to be in a good mood but bring something bad to my attention and I WILL get depressed. My boyfriend gets horny. When he drinks Jäger, he gets horny, extremely stubborn, and aggressive. Not a good combination. Point is, everybody reacts differently to alcohol.

Wait... Sooo.. They do work? Or they don't.. I'm confused

The pills work for his/her depression, but he/she is sad about the lack of orgasms, just because you are on anti-depressants, doesn't mean you still can't be sad. I hope I didn't confuse you more lol

perdix 29

Wow! ShyAnn, I just looked at your profile pic. You are really not that shy, are you? ;)

FreakAZoidd 3

Maybe you shouldn't take the pills, go get some exercise, and find something that makes you happy, and do it!

yamatelle 19

Studies show that women have 3 different types of orgasms. There is the positive orgasms ( "yes, Oh yeah, Give it to me."). The negative orgasms (“No, Oh no, Oh no.”), and the religious orgasms ( “Oh Jesus, Oh God, Oh Christ.”). OP can't have any of these. I say **** the antidepressants. Go with the ******.

30 minutes of aerobic exercise 6 times a week will improve many conditions including depression. I've been doing this for three years since I had open heart surgery and besides the obvious improvement in heart/lung function I have a great feeling of well being, more confidence, no depression, and i haven't had a cold. I used to get 5 bad colds a year. All drugs have side affects and should be avoided if possible.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

I agree, 29. If you take care of your body, it takes care of you. People just want the easy route - a quick fix for everything, but the fact of the matter is that it all takes work. Science says natural routes don't work, since they can't prove their effects in studies. If you actually think about it though, a study will never prove it for two reasons. The first and most important one, is that natural treatments don't target the symptom, they target the cause. Modern western medicine makes the grave mistake of focusing on the symptom without addressing the root of the problem. Since the same problem in a group of people can be the result of a different internal condition, imbalance, or neglect, one treatment is not going to work for everyone, the way that pharmaceuticals do. Pharmaceuticals aggressively target only the surface of the problem, kind of like a bandaid on a wound. It will stop the bleeding, but it won't help heal the wound or prevent you from developing new ones. The second reason is because obviously, since you can't own the rights to say, an herb, no one is going to invest the money in funding a study of the type.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

That's true, but just because they come from plants doesn't mean they work the same as using the whole plant. When you isolate any chemical, it's effect is going to be different alone than in harmony with the rest of the makeup of the plant. Antibiotics are actually another example of a medication that while "curing" part of the problem, can create other problems in the end. They kill the bacteria causing the illness, but along with it kill the good bacteria we need in order to remain in good health. Notice how some people are more susceptible to infections than others? Why not focus on improving the immune system instead of killing the bacteria? If your immune system is good enough, your body can fight off the infection by itself. Medications of the sort are useful if you've got an extreme and urgent situation, but they are not needed for most ailments that haven't reached a point of no return. Researchers are similarly looking in all the wrong places for the cure for cancer. They're searching for something to kill the cancer cells, (which damages healthy cells as well) when they should be looking for something to instead heal the cancerous cells and the rest of the body, because it has a wonderful self-repair system. This system requires a delicate balance of conditions. Western medicine needs to focus more on "healing" the body, rather than "killing" the disease.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Actually thank you for correcting me, they're not in fact looking for a cure, but rather just a treatment. The whole health industry here in America is not about health, but about money. There's big money in treatments. Cures will eradicate the need for treatments, and where there is no disease to treat, there is no cash. Why do we have the worst health care amongst all industrialized countries? Obviously we're doing something wrong. I think it is you who is misinformed, as medicines are anything but "safe". Natural treatments often have very mild to no side effects. I'll elaborate on the rest later.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

I should say, *pharmaceuticals aare anything but safe.

Bacon. Preferably with chocolate. If you want exercise, put it on a high shelf.

Shrooms, I agree that you sound terribly misinformed. Your argument to prevent disease is great and all, but what about after the disease is there? Should we not treat it, simply because we should have prevented it? The state of health is what it is. You can't prevent everything, so once the disease (infection, cancer, whatever) is there, it has to be treated. The medicines that we have are generally effective, but only if used correctly. And yes, they have side effects. But when to look at the risk-to-benefit ratio, it becomes quite clear. Show me that chewing a root or some leaves will cure cancer, and I'll support it. There are plenty of naturopaths and homeopaths and people who ascribe to their beliefs to put together a trial.