Make your minds up

By Remy - 16/11/2013 23:39 - United States - Portland

Today, I was offered a job that pays far more than I expected, being a high school senior. My parents decided they aren't letting me take the job, saying I should enjoy my childhood. They're also not paying for my college, which is why I was looking for work in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 010
You deserved it 3 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

sit down with your parents and tell them why its important for you to either get a job, or have them pay for your college. its your education, and it is truly important

Why would any parent STOP their kids from getting jobs? They should be proud of you for thinking ahead and wanting to be responsible. Especially when most kids just want to party and spend their parents money.

Comments

why on earth would you let you parents take that kind of decisions for you? do NOT say no to that job! in some countries the unemployment rate is very high and you should be happy that you have that opportunity!

ArianaLuvU 14

Take it anyway & just dont tell them:)

figures101 5

If your parents can't even afford to at least help with college, do not take there advice with anything financial. Tell them they made there choices in life, now its your turn to make yours.

aren't letting you??? hahahahaha.... thats hilarious! maybe when you grow up you will start making decisions for yourself.

You're a senior. Meaning you're either 17,18, or 19. Why would you need parent's permission to take a job? Stand up and take the job! If you let them dictate, then you don't want it very bad.

Well who cares what they say take the job, you're a senior which means you should be old enough to take the job without parent permission unless it's one of those jobs where u need to be 18 or have PP, take the job! :)

Tell your parents they can go suck dick

Just take the job. Your almost a grown up anyway (or already are)

That sucks. Hopefully they come around and understand that you're going about your education in a responsible manner. Good luck!