By Anonymous - 17/11/2013 01:03 - United States

Today, I told my roommates they have to go get jobs, because I can't afford to support them or their bad habits any more. They responded by pawning all my DVDs for cash to buy cigarettes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 685
You deserved it 7 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You better find some new roommates. FYL

Then stop enabling them and make them pay their own rent. They will be evicted soon enough.

Comments

You better find some new roommates. FYL

OP should never have supported them to begin with. If he's covering their rent while they have bad habits then he's an idiot.

Never support the true scum of the earth.

That's easy to say. Much harder to actually do.

That's why you don't get in that situation. "Hey man I might not be able to make rent this month, can I meet you half way?" That's acceptable. "Hey man I can't make this month again, and I know I owe you for last month..." that's not acceptable.

Well he DID want them to get money. Too bad they couldn't spend it in something they can all use, like hookers

michaelaranda 28

I think its time to get new friends

I see this godam comment on every FML. no please

michaelaranda 28

I thought op was talking about his friends not his roommates. I apologize for my comment. but I think its time to get new roommates or move out. your roommates need to understand they cant use you for money. dont let them walk all over you and stand up for yourself op.

@ 79. Yes because I steal from all of my friends to fund my bad habbits!

sounds lile an opportunity to have them forcibly put into a new housing unit

Then stop enabling them and make them pay their own rent. They will be evicted soon enough.

but op would get evicted as well which would make finding a new place difficult to rent with an eviction on ops record

Probably not. If its like my situation, my roommates are on the lease, so I can't kick any of them out, as much as I want to get rid of one of them.

You didn't have to sign a "roommate agreement"? I did, mine made it so if any roommate did not pay rent, I was not accountable for it.

Who cares it's still op's stuff they're taking.

Yay, i'm going to steal your dvds, cause if you have netflix I guess you wouldn't mind.

Why were you supporting them in the first place? Not your responsibility.

if you have your own room lock your stuff in there, especially when you sleep you never know when you'll wake up to them trying to cut your kidneys out for cash

Why don't you just find your own place? Since you can pay rent all on your own.

piggle 9

Because you usually can't break lease contracts without a penalty

luckyone365 7

9 never said anything about breaking the lease.

TheDrifter 23

If only op is leaving the least can be altered so that the roommate remains on it. It's a minor change, in the level of the kind of update you make when the rent is raised.

knoxxx 22

If he's supporting himself and his roommates, he can surely afford to pay a fee for breaking the lease, especially if he stops paying for his roommates.

beautifulsoul89 11

Take some of their stuff and pawn it. Than kick em out! You don't deserve that, you can be fine on your own especially if your doing it now while you have people called "friends" leeching off you!