Make your minds up

By Remy - 16/11/2013 23:39 - United States - Portland

Today, I was offered a job that pays far more than I expected, being a high school senior. My parents decided they aren't letting me take the job, saying I should enjoy my childhood. They're also not paying for my college, which is why I was looking for work in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 010
You deserved it 3 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

sit down with your parents and tell them why its important for you to either get a job, or have them pay for your college. its your education, and it is truly important

Why would any parent STOP their kids from getting jobs? They should be proud of you for thinking ahead and wanting to be responsible. Especially when most kids just want to party and spend their parents money.

Comments

Your parents are a fine example of what is wrong with the world.

Get the job anyway and tell your parents why you need it. In this day and age there is no reason not to have a job.

Dohnut94 7

If you feel like it will benefit you in the long run, do it! Explain to your parents why you think it'd benefit you. Work hard now, so you can relax with your spouse, children, & grandchildren in the future.

Do wot u want to do.. it is ur life.. and yeah u r doing good... u might want them to know thst either they pay u for the college or u r going for that job no matter what.

I feel there is a deep comment here... just not sure what happened on the route from brain to FML.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

Ok. Try that again, but in English this time.

I actually hated being a kid and love having a job! It's your decision op :) most of the time parents are right but this may not be one of those times. Also being in debt sucks. You don't want that :(

This is what happens when stupid people breed.

I never believed 'parents always know what's best for you'. No, just no.

Then ignore them and take the job. Easier said than done, I know. But it's nearly impossible nowadays to find a decent job, especially as a high school senior. I wouldn't pass it up if I were you... I get what they're saying, but they need a bit of a reality check...

Parents shouldnt have any problem with kids working...as long as it isnt prostitution.