Make your minds up

By Remy - 16/11/2013 23:39 - United States - Portland

Today, I was offered a job that pays far more than I expected, being a high school senior. My parents decided they aren't letting me take the job, saying I should enjoy my childhood. They're also not paying for my college, which is why I was looking for work in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 010
You deserved it 3 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

sit down with your parents and tell them why its important for you to either get a job, or have them pay for your college. its your education, and it is truly important

Why would any parent STOP their kids from getting jobs? They should be proud of you for thinking ahead and wanting to be responsible. Especially when most kids just want to party and spend their parents money.

Comments

ur parents r dumb. dont be like them

Take the job anyway you most likely 18 or almost 18

This is fake, almost EVERY parent cares more of you getting a job than your own childhood. I have experience.

Well, from personal exp. if your parents are like mine, then you'd have to be very sneaky to not upset them. I wouldn't want to be egging OP on about going against the adults if the parents turn around and threaten to throw them out. I have 4 horses, a job, and go to college, paying for it all myself...but I need to be extremely careful to not upset the adults or else I'll end up homeless. Whichever you do, make sure it won't leave you stranded out somewhere.

That's exactly what my mother tried to do when I got accepted into firefighter training, she didn't think I could do it and went to administration to express her displeasure. After jumping through several loopholes to continue I completed the course in the top 15% of my class and was offered a job that summer straight outta highschool. So hopefully you went with your gut and it led you to ample opportunities.

I love the "wont let me" part. I had friends like that from high-school, they want to stay living with their parents, but wont listen to their rules. Age means nothing, if you live with them, and they provide for you, you should respect them or move out.